Position Title: INTEGRATED DATABASE COORDINATOR
Created: September 9, 2020
Approved: August 2021
Supervision: Employed by the OFIFC, responsible to the policies and directions as determined by the Board of Directors and under the direct supervision of the Executive Director or designate. Daily supervision is designated to the Program Director.
To ensure that the Integrated Database (IDB) and Web-Portal development project is delivered in accordance with the established goals, objectives, timelines, and budget.
- Culture – Takes personal responsibility to increase sensitivity, awareness and implementation of OFIFC’s Neha (bundle) including foundational teachings and organisational practices in both professional conduct and work-related
- Accountability – Takes personal ownership and responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work
- Critical Thinking – Applies systematic, logical reasoning when addressing problems or situations in order to arrive at an appropriate solution or
- Building Relationships and Strategic Partnerships – Builds, develops and sustains business relationships / strategic partnerships that are mutually beneficial, reciprocal and grounded in trust and It is recognising we are all interdependent and working towards the common good of the organisation.
- Results Orientation – Accomplishes established goals, delivers the outcomes required and achieves the It includes the efficient and effective use of all resources (time, financial, people and technology).
- Teamwork and Collaboration – Works collaboratively with others and addresses conflict in a win-win productive This includes a mindset of sharing with others whether it is knowledge, recognition, information and skills. Working towards a common purpose for the good of OFIFC and the communities of people it serves.
- Communication – Effectively delivers information in a transparent, honest and clear It includes actively listening, comprehending and responding appropriately when interacting with people. It is about being respectful when expressing opinions and points of view.
- Fundamental project management and coordination skills;
- Foundational knowledge of IT infrastructure and architecture;
- Understanding of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Proficiency in Microsoft Dynamics 365 is an asset.
- Team leadership
- Planning and Organising
- Negotiation and conflict resolution
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Post-Secondary education in Business Administration, Commerce, Computer Science or related field or equivalent proven
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in project management, preferably in Information Technology.
Works in a safe and suitable office environment exposed to mid to high level computer use and performs multiple tasks with simultaneous and tight deadlines.
Works a regular 40 hour work week. Evening hours may be necessary to meet work deadlines. The job may require limited local travel. Travel timing is flexible and planned in advance.
To coordinate all aspects of the OFIFC’s database management development project in alignment with the OFIFC’s long-range strategic plan.
Primarily communicates with the Program Director and all OFIFC workgroups.
Acts as liaison with IDB Development contractor to ensure deliverables are on track, fall within project scope and meet OFIFC quality standards.
Project Coordination (60%)
- Undertakes project planning and establishes resource requirements;
- Coordinates with cross organisational team members to implement project deliverables within their established timelines;
- Establishes IDB project team assignments, tasks, and scheduling;
- Leads meetings with project team members to identify and respond to issues;
- Monitors IDB development to ensure projects are on track and meets quality standards;
- Coordinates the development of IDB policies and procedures, user manual, training, tools and resources;
- Conducts IDB development project evaluation and user satisfaction survey;
- Coordinates IDB system integration with the OFIFC’s Enterprise Resource Planning solution;
- Provides recommendations for ongoing IDB systems improvement and integration with other OFIFC systems; and
- Support the establishment of change management plan and coordinates its implementation.
Communication, Liaison and Support (35%):
- Acts as the OFIFC project lead and main point of contact with third party IDB development contractor;
- Clearly communicates OFIFC’s database requirements, expectations and user needs to all stakeholders;
- Prepares and implements project communication plans;
- Produces briefings, status reports and recommendations on the IDB development project to senior management;
- Maintains and upgrades professional skills;
- Promotes a healthy, safe work environment; and
- Performs other duties, related to the position, as assigned by the Executive Director or
By signing this document, I acknowledge that I have read, understand and agree to the above description related to my position at the Ontario Federation of Indigenous Friendship Centres (OFIFC).