Employer: G. Holmes
Address and Location of Work: Residential Home in Markham, ON
Job Title: In-home Child Caregiver
Terms of Employment: Full-time, permanent, 30 hours per week
Compensation: $15.00 per hour, Overtime paid at $22.50 per hour after 44 hours of work per week, Costs of Transportation to and from Work Location, Private and Furnished Accommodations, Health Care until eligible for OHIP Coverage, Workplace Safety Insurance Coverage, 2 Weeks Vacation
Optional accommodation available at no charge on a live-in basis. Note: This is NOT a condition of employment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Care for two school-age children, providing supervision, meals and generally ensuring their health, safety, happiness and overall well-being.
- Organize healthy activities to help keep children active and occupied.
- Collaborate with parents in working to help children meet behavioral, educational and health goals.
- Care for and supervise two dogs, including taking them for daily walks, feeding, ensuring healthy levels of activity and bathing them as needed.
- Regular cooking of nutritious family meals.
- Regular, thorough cleaning of the home and immediate surroundings.
- Monitoring amount of groceries in the home and preparation of shopping lists to ensure a consistent level of food and other household supplies.
- Regular laundry duties including use of a home washer and dryer and moving, folding and storing of clothing and other items.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year experience as caregiver to young children
- Experience and comfort with caring for pets
- Physical fitness sufficient to manage active children, pets, daily housework and occasional, moderate lifting (9 kgs/20 lbs)
- Ability to manage and supervise the home when employers are absent
Qualified applicants are asked to submit both their resume and cover letter by email to James Martin at [email protected].
We are dedicated to diversity and providing an inclusive workplace for all, and we especially encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.