Indigenous Human Resources Intern
Express Scripts Canada is actively seeking an energetic, conscientious Indigenous intern to join our Human Resources Team to gain valuable insight into Talent Management. In this position, you will learn the ins-and-outs of our daily routines and procedures. You will focus on learning how our organization and specifically our HR department runs, and can be expected to gain valuable insight that can further your interest in your chosen career field of Human Resources.
In developing the internship program, ESC is working closely with Indigenous consulting firm Acosys Consulting, with the goal of ensuring that the program delivers highly relevant real-life work experience and is a paid internship.
- The Intern will assist with the processing of internal and external job postings and resume responses for Express Scripts’ open positions
- Manage aspects of applicant communication (Posting positions to attract diverse applicants, dispositioning of unsuccessful applicants and employment inquiries)
- Develop relationships with Indigenous organizations, colleges and universities with Indigenous student services’ for posting jobs and active recruitment
- Assist with maintaining open requisitions, reviewing resumes based on intake request and other staffing reports as requested.
- Coordinate interviews for Sr. Talent Advisor
- Conduct telephone screen interviews for identified roles within Pharmacy and Information Services (IS)
- Job Fairs and Campus recruitment (identify colleges, universities for campus recruitment and assist with on-site recruiting)
- Initiate Reference check process with third party provider and provide received references to Recruiter
- Assist with H.R. weekly recruitment tracking reports
- Administer contractor list and distribute monthly updates; follow up on contracts due to end
General HR Support:
- Assist with coordinate all training, recruitment and event activities: book meeting rooms; send out invitations etc.
- Alternate rotational reception backup
- Backup HR mailbox monitoring
- Backup to onboarding support
- Special projects as assigned
- Post-Secondary education in Human Resources or related experience
- Pursing the CHRP/CHRL designation is an asset
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service – identify customer needs and take initiative to solve issues for internal/external customers
- Good judgment with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to use tact and discretion when dealing with confidential information and sensitive situations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that changes rapidly to fit the needs of the organization
- Excellent MSOffice computer skills
- Bilingual (French/English) is an asset
This is a great development opportunity for someone in the Indigenous community. If it speaks to you, submit a resume with cover letter to [email protected].
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS CANADA
Express Scripts Canada, a registered business name of ESI Canada, an Ontario partnership indirectly controlled by Express Scripts, Inc. (Nasdaq: ESRX), is one of Canada’s leading providers of health benefits management services. From its corporate headquarters in Mississauga, Ontario, just outside Toronto, Express Scripts Canada provides a full range of integrated pharmacy benefit management (PBM) services to insurers, third-party administrators, plan sponsors and the public sector, including health-claims adjudication and processing services, Home Delivery Pharmacy Services, benefit-design consultation, drug-utilization review, formulary management, and medical and drug-data analysis services, to better facilitate the best possible health outcomes at the lowest possible cost.
It will be a condition of employment that the successful candidate receives the Enhanced Reliability Clearance from the Federal Government. The candidate will be required to provide supporting documentation in order to receive Clearance if required.
We offer a competitive salary, along with a positive work environment built on solid corporate values, integrity, mutual respect, collaboration, passion, service and alignment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be.
We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities.