- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Industrial Butcher (NOC 9462)
Industrial Butcher (NOC 9462)
Cargill is building a new vision; to support the vision, we are looking for talented, reliable, and hard-working individuals – people who want to make Cargill their career choice – to join our Production team at our Guelph-Dunlop- Beef Processing facility.
To know more about our company please visit: http://www.cargill.ca/en/products-services/meat-processing/
Come and be a part of our dynamic team! Cargill was name one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers. We currently have openings for permanent full-time experienced Industrial Butchers to join our Harvest area. On-site Cargill specific knife skill and butchery training will be provided for selected candidates. There are 50 vacancies and the start date would be as soon as possible.
Applicants with less than 6 months of experience will be assigned entry level jobs and receive on-site Cargill specific knife skill and butchery training.
Guelph, Dunlop Facility
165 Dunlop Dr. ON N1L 1P4
Job Start Date
As soon as possible
Starting rate for experienced Industrial Butchers (6 + months of experience) is $20.50/hour.
Wage Range is $18.80 – $27.00/hour as per the collective agreement.
Starting rate for entry level (less than 6 months of experience) is $18.80/hour.
As per the collective agreement, Disability benefits, Medical benefits, Dental benefits, Vision, Pension plan benefits.
40.00 Hours / Week
The work shift is 6:30 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. Monday through Friday, with overtime as needed to fulfill production demands. Overtime is at time and a half.
Terms of Employment
Meat processing and packing plant
Work Site Environment
Outdoors, Warm Environment
Security & Safety
Basic security clearance
- Slaughter livestock;
- Skin, clean and trim carcasses;
- Remove viscera and other inedible parts from carcasses;
- Split carcasses into smaller portions to facilitate handling;
- Remove skin, excess fat, bruises or other blemishes from carcasses or meat portions.
- May slaughter cattle as prescribed by religious laws
- Work with specialized knives and equipment according to workplace health and safety requirements as well as safe food handling practices
- Performing repetitive tasks
- Fast paced environment
- Physical Effort: This is a physically demanding position and will require continuous standing for extended periods of time, as well as some heavy lifting. Knife work involves regular repetitive use of hands, wrists, arms, shoulders.
- Physical Environment: Regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise.
- Sensory Attention: Regular need to give close attention- either hearing or seeing-to
EQUIPMENT & MACHINERY EXPERIENCE
Manual cutting utensil, Band saw
- 1 to less than 7 months butcher/knife experience required
- Previous experience in meat processing and packing environment using manual cutting utensils and band saws is preferable
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Commitment to safety and food quality processes
- Ability to stand and perform repetitive physical tasks for extended periods of time
- Attention to detail and work well with others
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn and develop
- Critical thinking, have significant use of memory and continuous learning
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and decision-making skills
- Reliability/ Dependability
- Basic English communication skills
Cargill is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements, for the purpose of accommodation under AODA, known to Human Resources when they are contacted for an interview.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply directly by following the link below
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: