- British Columbia NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Infrastructure Engineering Senior Advisor
Help us secure our future. Get ready for a job that encourages you to think strategically yet stay connected with your teams. Do you have problem-solving or strategy experience? If so, prepare to innovate, create, and inspire. The Infrastructure Engineering Senior Advisor is responsible for the continuous operation and performance of Cigna’s enterprise network. This position will provide operational support for identification and remediation of network concerns as they arise within the enterprise data network. Additional responsibilities include monitoring of vendor performance, engagements for network issues, incident and problem management activities, adherence to SLAs and network improvement and/or modernization initiatives. In addition, the person in this role is expected to participate in a rotating on call schedule with other team members to respond to high impact issues on a 24×7 basis.
- Perform monitoring and event management support for network, voice, and contact center systems and infrastructure
- Responsible for supporting the security, scalability, performance, availability and usability of the network
- Assist Engineering with implementation of architecture enhancements
- Perform investigation and Tier 2 triage for alerts and events
- Be escalation point for technical support and troubleshooting efforts, periodic off-hours and on-call support is required
- Provide technical support on incident calls
- Perform network changes and deployments
- Identify opportunities for improvement in the monitoring and event management tools and processes
- Provide planning and vendor oversight for network change activity
- Report key performance metrics to management
- High School diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or at least 5 years’ experience in a network operations support role preferred.
- Prior experience within a large enterprise network required.
- Cisco CCNA or Juniper JNCIA certification required.
- Experience with configuration and support of Cisco routers and switches including 2800/2900 and 3800/3900 series routers, 6500 switches, 4500 switches, and 3850 switches. Experience with Cisco Nexus 5000, 7000 and 9000 switches is required.
- Experience with OSPF, BGP, Multicast, STP, MPLS and ACLs required.
- Experience with quality of service (QoS) and troubleshooting required.
- Experience with Arista Networks a plus
- Experience in troubleshooting and supporting AWS or Azure Cloud offerings preferred.
- Experience with Splunk for reporting and dashboards preferred
- Experience with Cisco Spine-and-Leaf Architecture and troubleshooting a plus.
- Experience with Cisco wireless networking and troubleshooting a plus.
- Experience with Riverbed WAN optimization devices a plus.
- Experience with network tools (SevOne, ARX, LiveAction, HPNA, RSA and Prime) is a plus.
- Knowledge of Python programming language is a plus.
- Experienced in crisis management and root cause analysis techniques a plus.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Highly self-motivated with a keen attention to detail.
- Strong customer service orientation is a must.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.
Cigna Corporation exists to improve lives. We are a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Together, with colleagues around the world, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation. When you work with us, or one of our subsidiaries, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives. What difference will you make?
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: