Installation and Repair Technicians- Telecom
Ansatel Communications Inc.
940 Kingsway, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V5C 3C4
Terms of employment: Permanent, full-time
Salary: $32.50 per hour for 40.00 hours per week
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 4
NOC Group: Telecommunications Installation and Repair Workers (7246)
NOC Job Title: Installation And Repair Technician – Telecommunications
All over lower mainland with business address 940 Kingsway, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V5C 3C4
We are one of Canada’s leading converged communications providers. We offer combined data and voice solutions to customers big and small (and all in between). Our solutions are not only integrated, but also innovative. We provide converged voice and data solutions that address your specific technology and budget needs currently then help you grow seamlessly into the future. Currently we are looking to hire 04 permanent full-time Installation and Repair Technicians- Telecom to join immediately.
• Install, remove and maintain various telecommunications equipment and related systems such as CCTV camera systems, security alarms, data network, telephones, audio video systems and other telecommunications equipment
• Meeting with customers on a daily basis to diagnose an issue
•Install of fibre optic cabling and knowledge of InR, GPON, ADSL and POTS
• Inspect and test operation of telecommunications equipment
• Establishes voice and data networks by running, pulling, terminating, and splicing cables; installing telecommunications equipment, routers, switches, multiplexors, cable trays, and alarmsystems
• Diagnose and locate equipment faults, and adjust, replace or repair telecommunications equipment
• Install, maintain and repair household and business electronic equipment such as alarm systems, access control systems, video systems, Ethernet wireless and wired networks, computer equipment and peripherals
• Installation and service of complex electronic/electrical systems
• Perform regular tests on systems to ensure all components are running well
• Ordering and gathering equipment, supplies, materials, and tools, assessing installation site
• Travel to remote locations all over lower mainland B.C. for service and installation projects
• Keep track of inventory and supplies of equipment
• Completion of secondary school is required.
• Completion of a two year college electrical and electronics program and several months of on-the-job training or Completion of a 3-4 year apprenticeship training program or 2-3 years of work experience in the trade is required.
• Good communication skills in English are required.
• BC Class 5 Drivers license is an asset.
• Excellent problem-solving skills are required.
As per mutual agreement and BC Employment Standards Act, 4% vacation pay of the gross salary will be paid each pay period with 10 days of unpaid vacation annually or the option to choose 10 days of paid vacation annually with no vacation pay on each pay period. Overtime rate of 1.5 times is applicable after 40 hours of work per week.
How to Apply
Eligible candidates are requested to apply immediately via:
Email: [email protected]
Mail: 940 Kingsway, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V5C 3C4