JOB AD FOR INSULATOR (NOC 7293)
Kootenay Insulation Systems located at 701 Highway 3, Fernie, BC V0B 1M5 has been helping to make homes efficient and comfortable in Fernie, the Elk Valley and surrounding East Kootenays in British Columbia for over 20 years. Owned and operated by a time-served professional, the business focuses on providing high performance insulation systems using blown cellulose fibre, spray foam, and air and vapour barriers. Working with Kootenay Insulation Systems means clients can be sure that their build meets or exceeds code requirements, maintains high air tightness performance, and ensures that the dollars they spend on heating do not simply disappear through the building envelope. Our business is growing, and we need an Insulator (NOC 7293) to join our team.
These are full-time, permanent positions working 40 hours per week. The successful candidates will have a 2 years of work experience in the insulation industry. We work mainly in the areas high performance insulation systems including using blown cellulose, spray foam, and air and vapour barriers, well insulated and airtight builds, and high air tightness performance. The salary starts at $30.50. Regular working hours will be from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday. Any time worked over 8 hours per day or 40 hours per week will be paid at overtime rates. Vacation pay will accrue at 4% of earnings. Occasionally the individual will be required to work on weekends as necessary to complete job deadlines.
- Read and interpret drawings and specifications to determine insulation requirements and select type of insulation required
- Measure and cut insulating material to required dimensions using hand and power tools
- Application of insulation products including blown in cellulose fibre and sprayed polyurethane foam using spraying, blowing, pasting, strapping, taping and other application and installation methods
- Fit insulation around obstructions and between studs and joists
- Install vapour barriers
- Prepping and clean up-of-job site
- Driving work equipment to job sites
- 36’ Trailer and truck
- 3 Ton Cube Box truck
Education, Training and Other Requirements:
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- 2 years’ experience Mandatory – references will be checked
- 6 months foreman experience – references will be checked
- Class 5 Drivers License
- H.M.I.S. Certification
- Caliber 2 lb. Medium Density Polyurethane Foam Installer Certificate
- WallBar Cellulose – Certified Installer Certificate
Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
Physically demanding, bending, crouching, fast-paced environment, work under pressure, must not be claustophobic or scared of heights.
We are looking for responsible and hardworking individuals with a solid work ethic. Work references are required, and we want to hear that you have a reputation as a reliable worker who works well as part of the team. You take pride in a job well done.
Please forward your resume to us at [email protected] We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those meeting the requirements will be contacted for an interview.