The finance department assumes responsibility for managing and reporting the organization’s finances. It is committed to continuous improvements in the way it organizes the financial and accounting affairs, including the preparation and presentation of appropriate accounts and the dissemination of financial information to executives.
The primary function of this position is to provide support to Finance for the ongoing accounting functions that include collections, recording of revenue, cost of goods sold, expenses, inventory accounting management, balance sheet accounts reconciliation, month end closing process, indirect sales tax filing and maintenance of user procedural manual.
- Collection activities – Contract program partners to collect payments.
- Cash application – Looking at bank deposits and applying funds to appropriate accounts
- Prepare and post details of business transactions to journals, general ledger and other accounting records.
- Perform full cycle month-end and year-end closing activities
- Responsible for bank and inventory accounts
- Analyze and reconcile balance sheet accounts and income statement accounts
- Provide backup support for the funding and billing functions
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and generally accepted accounting practices
- Liaise with operations teams and business partners to meet their accounting needs
- Liaise with internal and external auditors
- Assist with related projects as SME and/or tester as needed
- Assist in special assignments as required
- 3 + years of full accounting cycle experience
- University Degree or College Diploma in Accounting, Business, Finance or related field
- Demonstrates initiative, accountability and ownership, is self-motivated and works with minimum supervision
- Solid technical and analytical skills with high degree of accuracy
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and flexibility to accept diverse responsibilities
- Team player committed to achieving common departmental objectives
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamic AX 2012 or ERP l system is an asset.
- Solid PC skills and a strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of tools with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrates strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Bilingual (English/French) a strong asset
- Knowledge of healthcare and pharmacy operations industry is preferred
- Experience working in agile teams
Express Scripts Canada is a Cigna company
Express Scripts Canada is a subsidiary of Express Scripts, a Cigna company. Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, wellbeing and peace of mind of those we serve. Cigna offers an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioural health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products.
About Express Scripts Canada
Express Scripts Canada is a leading health benefits manager and has been recognized as one of the most innovative. Our clients include Canada’s leading insurers, third party administrators and governments. We work with these clients to develop industry-leading solutions to deliver superior healthcare in a cost-controlled environment. We provide Active Pharmacy™ services to more than 7 million Canadian patients and adjudicate more than 100 million pharmacy, dental, and extended health claims annually. Through our proprietary consumer intelligence, clinical expertise, and patients-first approach, we promote better health decisions for plan members, while managing and reducing drug benefit costs for plan sponsors.
It will be a condition of employment that the successful candidate obtains an Enhanced Reliability Clearance from the Federal Government. The candidate will be required to provide supporting documentation to receive clearance if required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, along with a positive work environment built on solid corporate values, integrity, mutual respect, collaboration, passion, service and alignment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be.
We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities.
If you require accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: [email protected] Do not email [email protected] for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.