Intermediate Web Developer
The intermediate web developer will assist our web team to implement and support consumer-facing web applications for our national clients. You will join a team of knowledgeable Design and IT professionals in a development role to build custom-tailored solutions with stability, scalability, extensibility and security in mind. This is a fantastic opportunity to take the lead on building web products that will reach users around the world.
Hourly Rate: Commensurate with experience
Hours per week: 35 hours – Monday to Friday 9:00am to 4:30pm
Number of Weeks: 52 (1 year contract with potential for permanent employment)
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
- Develop and provide maintenance support for WordPress sites
- Develop and customize WordPress Themes and Plugins
- Optimize page speed and performance of WordPress sites
- Create responsive website designs from prototypes
- Find existing plugins that will solve issues for various client projects
- Produce high-quality work with strong attention to detail
- Work under tight deadlines and budget constraints
- Strong knowledge of WordPress Platform
- Strong expertise with PHP and MySQL
- Expertise in WordPress Custom Theme Development and Plugin Development
- Expertise in WordPress Plugin Integration
- Understanding of RESTful Web Services and APIs
- Expertise in Database Security and best practices
- Expertise in Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and best practices
- Understands how to make WordPress manageable from the Admin panels (WordPress Backend)
- Understands WordPress architecture and knows how to perform database and code optimization for WordPress
- Proficiency in JSON
- Proficiency in setting up and managing Web Hosting (NGINX/Apache) Environments, Google Cloud Servers, Domains and Emails
- Proficiency with GIT
- A thorough understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues
- Strong understanding of responsive web design techniques
- Strong organization skills to manage multiple projects and complete tasks quickly within the constraints of clients’ timelines and budgets
- Great attention to detail and highly organized
- A positive and upbeat attitude with the ability to learn quickly
- Has worked with GSuite and/or Microsoft 365
- Familiar with Adobe Creative Suite and prototyping tools (i.e. Adobe XD)
- Knowledge of Agile frameworks (i.e. Scrum) and has worked with Project Management Software
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field, or an equivalent level of experience
- A portfolio (by URL) of previous projects, code samples, or other previous work may be requested of all qualified candidates
- Indigenous cultural knowledge and sensitivity are considered assets
- French basic spoken and written skills are considered assets
- Indigenous applicants are encouraged to apply
Perks of Working at Design de Plume:
- Flexible Hours
- National Indigenous Peoples Day as a paid holiday and an extra week of holidays In December
- Continuous Professional Learning & Development
- Pet-friendly Environment
- Vacation/Paid Time Off and Paid Sick Days
- Benefits Package (after 1 year)
- Group RRSP (after 1 year)
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada.
About Design de Plume Inc:
Design de Plume Inc. is a national, Indigenously owned communication studio that uses design to address the creative needs of business and organizations throughout North America. Design de Plume Inc. aims to deliver innovative solutions that leverage user-friendly technology and authentic designs, while encouraging education and understanding about effective creative communication. Our clients include private companies, not-for-profit organizations, governments, First Nations, and communities, working on both short and long-term creative projects.
The Design de Plume team has a national reputation as a leader in Indigenous design and innovation.
Design de Plume is a fast-paced work environment with tight deadlines on occasion. We have a supportive collaborative team to help each other with the workload. We also support autonomous problem solving and encourage our staff to create and express their own solutions.
We offer a competitive benefits package and pride ourselves on being an equal-opportunity employer. We especially encourage applications from Indigenous individuals to apply.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply please send your resume with subject title “Application for Project Manager Position” to Melissa at [email protected], or call us 705-222-5740 ext 12 for further details.