Job ID: 3702 (Multiple Positions)
Location: VANCOUVER, BC
As a member of the property management team, the incumbent is responsible for performing cleaning duties within assigned buildings including vacant dwellings. The incumbent cleans floors, carpets (except on moveouts), walls, furniture, smoke alarms and dusts and sweeps areas; Moves Commission and tenant furniture effects within a development; Maintains cleanliness of assigned outside areas and picks up litter and removes garbage; Clears snow from doorways and walkways when required; Operates cleaning janitorial equipment and uses associated tools and cleaning materials; Mops, washes, waxes and polishes floors and vacuums carpets; Washes windows inside and performs external window washing using a tucker pole; Removes dry strippable wallpaper from portions of rooms, using steam stripper if required; Changes light bulbs in buildings and in unlit areas where no Caretaker is assigned or the Caretaker is off duty.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Secondary school graduation preferably supplemented by a vocational school course in janitorial services AND
- A minimum of one year directly related janitorial experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good knowledge of janitorial cleaning methods and procedures
- Ability to operate various cleaning machinery, equipment & tools
- Good physical health and condition
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Sound knowledge of janitorial cleaning materials
- Good interpersonal skills
- Please Note: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.
*An eligibility list may be established*
How to Apply:
Please review the Job Description prior to applying for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted