Otokomae Marketing Inc. operating as (o/a) Guu Izakaya Toronto at 1314 Queen Street West, Toronto Ontario M6K 1L4, is looking for two Japanese Izakaya Cook(s) specializing in preparing authentic Izakaya (Japanese tapas) dishes. Salary offer is; $18.00 per hour for 40.0 hours per week.
- Must have a minimum of one year or more of experience in preparing and cooking authentic Japanese Izakaya-style dishes
- Must have skill in decorating and presentation of authentic Japanese Izakaya-style Japanese dishes
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and overtime as assigned
- Must be able to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Completion of secondary (high) school is required
- Basic oral English is required
- Prepare and cook various Japanese Izakaya-style dishes as; cold and hot appetizers, salads, sashimi, grilled seafood, and deep fried fish vegetables & meats
- Prepare and cook Japanese style Ramen (noodle) soup dishes, rice dishes and sushi dishes
- Train and supervise kitchen staff and helpers in their relevant duties of preparation, cooking and handling of food
- Ensure kitchen is clean and safe for food preparation in accordance with the company health and safety guidelines.
- Assist in managing kitchen operations in the absence of chefs, if required
We invite all qualified candidates to apply including: new immigrants, youth and indigenous people.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to; [email protected]