- British Columbia NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Home » Join The Westkootenay Support Services Team! Hiring Cooks & Food Service Workers, Location Flexible!
Join The Westkootenay Support Services Team! Hiring Cooks & Food Service Workers, Location Flexible!
|Date||April 20, 2021|
|Company||Interior Health Authority|
|Client||Interior Health Authority|
Job title : JOIN THE WESTKOOTENAY SUPPORT SERVICES TEAM! HIRING COOKS & FOOD SERVICE WORKERS, LOCATION FLEXIBLE!
Community : FLEXIBLE
Facility : FLEXIBLE
Status : CASUAL
The Support Services Team in the West Kootenay Region are looking for casual Cooks, and Food Service Workers, to join the team! We are hiring Support Services team members in Nakusp, Kaslo, New Denver, Creston, Nelson, Castlegar and Trail in both acute (hospital) and long term care settings!
The successful candidates will have an open and flexible schedule, and are reasonably available to work rotating days, evening, and night shifts (including weekends). If you have attention to detail, a willingness to help others, and a flexible schedule to pick up scheduled and last minute casual work – we want to hear from you!
Hours of work: Rotating Days, Evenings, and Nights of varying shift types and durations such as: 06:50 to 15:00, 06:30 to 14:30, 09:00 to 17:13, 12:15 to 19:15, 10:17 to 18:27, 14:15 to 18:15, 11:00 to 19:00
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 – 37.5 hours per week, but opportunity exists to bid on permanent and relief positions once employed as a casual which may include Employer paid benefits!
The West Kootenays gives you the best of both worlds: the beauty of wild nature all around you and the friendly nature down in its small towns. Check out the surprising variety of shops and restaurants in each community, then go explore Kokanee Glacier or the old growth at Kokanee Creek Provincial Park, fish on Kootenay Lake, or dance in the forest at the Shambhala Music Festival. Each town in the West Kootenay has its own character. Rossland, Castlegar, Trail, Salmo, Nakusp, and Kaslo are just a few that you will want to discover. They are small enough that their residents really do get to know one another, and together the people in each community create a culture that is unique to their time and place.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
• Graduation from a recognized 12-month program in quantity cooking, or;
• An equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Food Safe Certificate
Food Service Worker Qualifications:
• Grade 10,
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Food Safe Certificate
* Please upload a copy of your Cooking Certificate, and Food Safe certificate*
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
• Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to [email protected] to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: