Junior Project Accountant
The Finance department assumes responsibility for managing and reporting the organization’s finances. It is committed to continuous improvements in the way it organizes the financial and accounting affairs, including the preparation and presentation of appropriate accounts and to streamline processes, improves controls and date integrity within the financial ERP system.
The primary function of this position is to provide support to Financial Operations team for the full cycle accounting functions that include resolving business process issues within the financial ERP system. An ideal candidate must have implemented a financial ERP system and have experienced in applying Accounting Principles and Standards as part of the features development within the ERP system, also with the end design that can achieve maximize process efficiency and data integrity.
Note: This is a Contract position until March 2023.
- Member of system platform migration project from Microsoft Dynamic 2012 to D365
- Provide insight and clarify around domain specific elements that are relating to business processes within the ERP system
- Provide support the development and validation of user stories
- Work with Business Process Owner to prepare or create test data
- Perform functional testing and validation
- Perform user acceptance testing
- Collaborate with external service providers to perform testing and complete the migration
- Create user training manual and assist to deliver training to end users
- Assist with related other project activities as Business Process Owner and/or End User as needed
- Assist in special assignments as required
- Have hand on experience in working in an ERP system covering a wide range of financial modular
- Must have a University Degree with major in Accounting, Business or related field, CPA designation is an asset
- Must have 3 + years of full accounting cycle experience at corporate level
- Must have ownership, initiative, accountability and is self-motivated with minimum supervision
- Solid technical and analytical skills with high degree of accuracy
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and flexibility to accept diverse responsibilities
- Have a strong working knowledge of Excel
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills, a team player committed to achieving common departmental/organization objectives
- Have hand on working experience in an ERP system or Microsoft Dynamic AX 2012 or D365
- Experience working in agile methodologies
- Knowledge of healthcare and pharmacy operations industry
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
- Job requires precise finger/hand movements while working with a keyboard
- Need to remain at work station for lengthy periods
- Job may require to work during off business hours and or schedule rotation
Express Scripts Canada is a Cigna company
Express Scripts Canada is a subsidiary of Express Scripts, a Cigna company. Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, wellbeing and peace of mind of those we serve. Cigna offers an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioural health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products.
About Express Scripts Canada
Express Scripts Canada is a leading health benefits manager and has been recognized as one of the most innovative. Our clients include Canada’s leading insurers, third party administrators and governments. We work with these clients to develop industry-leading solutions to deliver superior healthcare in a cost-controlled environment. We provide Active Pharmacy™ services to more than 7 million Canadian patients and adjudicate more than 100 million pharmacy, dental, and extended health claims annually. Through our proprietary consumer intelligence, clinical expertise, and patients-first approach, we promote better health decisions for plan members, while managing and reducing drug benefit costs for plan sponsors.
It will be a condition of employment that the successful candidate obtains an Enhanced Reliability Clearance from the Federal Government. The candidate will be required to provide supporting documentation to receive clearance if required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, along with a positive work environment built on solid corporate values, integrity, mutual respect, collaboration, passion, service and alignment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be.
We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities.
If you require accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: [email protected] Do not email [email protected] for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.