Labour Relations Consultant
Date: Sep 6, 2019
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Company: Hydro One Networks Inc
|Number of positions:
||Toronto, Ontario (CA-ON)
|Duration of rotation:
- Provide advice, guidance and direction to Human Resources and Line Management on the administration and interpretation of Hydro One’s collective agreements.
- Participate in the development, recommendation, review and update of labour relations strategies, policies, and programs.
- Represent and support management in internal and external grievances proceedings such as mediations, arbitrations, Human Rights Tribunals, and Labour Board processes.
- Work with legal counsel, Human Resources, and Lines of Business to prepare and finalize arbitrations briefs.
- Participate in and support negotiations with Hydro One’s unions involving being a resource on the Management Bargaining Committee, and conducting environmental scanning and research.
- Contribute to the effective maintenance of Hydro One’s Collective Agreements on the basis of continuing administration and pertinent labour relation practices, arbitration awards, recent settlements, changes in legislation etc.
- Maintain knowledge of Employment legislation.
- Perform activities relative to the Labour Relations Act and other relevant legislation.
- Prepare and present labour relation training material to various internal clients.
- Masters of Industrial Relations, or equivalent education and experience.
- Requires a demonstrated knowledge of Employment Legislation.
- Knowledge of English to effectively communicate with various stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of employees, senior management and external contacts
- Experience participating in external disputes and working through Labour Board processes.
- Experience dealing with grievances to present on behalf of management.
- Previous Experience with Building Trades/Construction Labour Relations would be an asset.
- A period of 2-5 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
If you share our passion for safety, our customer service focus, and are ready to play a lead role in building a bright future, we would love to hear from you!
Thank you for considering this opportunity and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are being considered for an interview or other assessment one of our Recruitment Consultants will be in touch. Furthermore, if you are being considered for an interview and require special accommodations please let us know. Finally, short-listed candidates will be asked to pass a reliability check (which could include criminal background check, driver’s license abstract, education verification, etc.) prior being offered a job at Hydro One.
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.
Deadline: September 29, 2019