Who we are
Our goal in Ramirez Landscaping & Snow Removal LTD is to provide the greatest service around the GTA! We are now seeking full-time LANDSCAPE FOREMAN/WOMAN.
In this role you will be responsible for assisting new projects, by staging ahead of time on his/her job site, ordering required materials, managing the productivity of his/her staff and training staff on all safety regulations and expectations required by law.
Job responsibilities include:
- Review plans with project manager prior to work commencing;
- Read construction/landscape instructions or drawings and translate that information onto the site;
- Plan the installation timeline so his/her crew is always productive;
- Assist with different operator machines.
- Order all materials for the job in accordance with timeline, scope, quality, and so on;
- Foresee problems in design/construction and work with the project manager to find solutions while the crew is still producing in another area of the site;
- Communicate with the client on a daily basis and direct the client towards the project manager when changes are requested;
- Keep the site and truck clean;
- Other duties as required.
- 1-2 years of experience in a supervisory role is an asset;
- Post-secondary education in horticulture or equivalent experience;
- Excellent knowledge of plants, along with the knowledge of horticultural practices that go along with maintaining, diagnosing and treating problems;
- Good communication skills and a strong track record of delivering first-class customer service;
- Ability to operate and oversee the use of motorized landscaping equipment;
- A minimum G license and comfortable driving large vehicles;
- Ability to work long hours, starting at 7 am from Monday to Friday; along with occasional weekends;
- Can meet the physical demands of working outdoors in varying weather conditions.
Salary: $26.50 per hour.