Takla Maintenance Corporation has been involved in a wide range of landscaping projects throughout the Edmonton and the surrounding communities. Our company specializes in providing the complete landscape package. We facilitate our clients’ vision and budget by working together through the design development process to ensure construction is efficient, well-built, and on schedule. We work with architects, landscape architects, and general contractors in building a variety of different landscape projects.
All candidates must be willing to join a team environment to strengthen and grow our current crew with a positive attitude and character. We are seeking Landscaping Supervisors to join the company.
- Head Office: 9016-20 Street NW, Edmonton, Alberta, T6P 1K8
- Work Location: Various locations in Edmonton and surrounding areas
- Wage: $25.60 per hour
- Hours: 35 to 40 hours per week
- Vacancies: 2
Terms of employment:
- Permanent, Full time
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Employment conditions: Early morning, Morning, Day, Evening, Shift, Weekend
- Oversee, supervise and implement landscaping projects;
- Direct, co-ordinate and lead working crew and sub-contractors;
- Schedule and plan daily landscaping activities;
- Hire staff and train workers in job duties and company policies;
- Identify scope of work & effectively communicate relevant project information to project team;
- Plan and estimate the materials and labour requirements for individual contracts;
- Read and interpret construction drawings and specifications;
- Organize the planting and maintenance of trees, gardens, lawns, shrubs and hedges and the construction and installation of fences, decks, patios, walkways and retaining walls;
- Organize and direct planting of trees, gardens and lawns;
- Plan, schedule, assign, and supervise the landscaping, seeding, weeding, cultivating, and general care of the grounds;
- Be the “on-site” contact for clients;
- Conduct final inspection upon project completion;
- Keep vehicles, machinery, and tools in good repair and working order;
- Maintain accurate project paperwork, records & receipts;
- Repair and maintain equipment; Requisition or order materials, equipment and supplies;
- Provide snow removal services during winter months;
- Perform the same duties as workers supervised, when required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Ability to speak English;
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate;
- 1 year to less than 2 years of experience;
- Successful candidate must be organized and reliable with attention to detail;
- Ability to Supervise: 3-4 people; 5-10 people;
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Tight deadlines, Handling heavy loads, Physically demanding, Attention to detail, Ability to distinguish between colours, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Standing for extended periods, Bending, crouching, kneeling;
- Work Site Environment: Outdoors;
- Personal Suitability: Initiative, Judgement, Client focus, Team player.
If this sounds like the perfect fit for you, then send your resume by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at 780-430-8781.
Takla Maintenance is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse workforce and a respectful work environment. We value diversity of expertise, talent and opinion which is leveraged for an innovative and productive work environment. We are focused on attracting and retaining the best talent by encouraging applications from all qualified individuals including indigenous people, newcomers, youth, veterans, visible minorities, apprentices and people with disabilities.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted.