Leadership Liaison Administrator
Refer to competition number 2022-CEO-02
Internal and External Competition
The Assembly of First Nations (AFN) is seeking a skilled and experienced Administrator who will be responsible to research and provide current relevant information on activities and events of First Nations for the purpose of ensuring appropriate support from AFN to First Nations leadership.
The Leadership Liaison Administrator will have advanced working knowledge and understanding of First Nations communities and organizations. Comfortable using various means of social media platforms and other research techniques, the incumbent will track community elections, Tribal Council elections and provincial – territorial organization (PTO) elections. The successful candidate will develop, monitor, and update a comprehensive database using excel, and will create various statistical reports.
Who Can Apply:
Qualified persons of Indigenous ancestry will be given preference in accordance with s16
(1) of the Canadian Human Rights Act. Indigenous applicants are asked to self-identify in their cover letter
Applicants must possess:
- Completion of secondary school and certification in office administrative or an equivalent combination of education and 2+ years of relevant experience
- Must possess intermediate to advanced level of computer literacy skills particularly in Word and Excel
- Must have demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work effectively on a team and with a wide range of individuals in the AFN and First Nation communities
- Strong organizational and coordination skills
- Thorough understanding of research techniques
- Ability to analyze and assess data to prepare reports
- Knowledge of First Nations aspirations, values, culture and a good understanding of First Nations issues and concerns is essential
- Demonstrated sound judgement, tact, initiative, flexibility, and able to work independently & expeditiously, including working under tight timeframes and competing priorities
- English is the working language although the ability to communicate effectively in French or an Indigenous language is also an asset.
Other Job Requirements: The AFN requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
Salary and Benefits: The AFN offers a competitive salary, attractive benefits, and pension plans.
Location: Ottawa, Ontario – Please note that AFN is working to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our employees. Our offices have re-opened as of April 4th and are presently operating under a hybrid approach.
Employment Status: Permanent Full-time
Closing Date: Open until filled
Individuals who feel they are qualified are invited to submit a cover letter (quoting the above reference number)
along with a current resume, and the names of two (2) references from individuals to whom you’ve directly reported, to: Bamboo.HR
Interviews will be held via Zoom. While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted. AFN may cancel, postpone, or revise employment opportunities at any time.