Company: O’Rourke Family Vineyards Ltd. O/A Peak Cellars
Business information: Peak Cellars is a state-of-the-art winery and culinary destination. Inspired by Europe’s most famous wineries, the property features 110 acres of vines, 300 metres of winding tunnels and 12,000 square-feet of cave space to store and age wines. We offer a wide portfolio of wines, including Pinot Gris, Gewürztraminer, Riesling, Rosé, Chardonnay, Grüner Veltliner and Pinot Noir. We also have a ½ acre garden with two greenhouses and berry bushes that our Garden Bistro uses to prepare dishes with newly-harvested ingredients
Business address: 2290 Goldie Road, Lake Country, BC V4V 1G5
Work Location: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
- Oversee kitchen operations
- Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
- Inspect kitchens and food service areas
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- Clean kitchen and work areas
- Manage kitchen operations
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
– Education: Completion of secondary school is required
– Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience as a cook is required. In the event that the candidate does not have 3 years of experience, a post-secondary certificate is required
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Physically demanding, Attention to detail, Standing for extended periods, Repetitive tasks, Manual dexterity
-Personal suitability: Effective interpersonal skills, Team player, Organized, Initiative, Client focus, Accurate, Judgment, Flexibility, Reliability, Dependability
-Language: English is required
Salary: $18.00 hourly, 37.5 Hours per week.
Benefits: Disability insurance, gratuities, medical and dental benefits, group insurance benefits, life insurance benefits, vision care benefits, dental and extended medical insurance. Accommodation provided at a discounted rate.
Important Information: Flexibility in schedule is required. The candidates can either work from Friday to Tuesday or from Sunday to Thursday, both schedules have working hours from 2:00 PM to 10:00 PM. Schedule may change according to business needs. Work on holidays and overtime may be required depending on business needs.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: 2290 Goldie Road, Lake Country, BC V4V 1G5