The Renaissance Edmonton Airport Hotel – Edmonton’s ONLY 4 Diamond Lifestyle Hotel. Attached to the Edmonton International Airport.
Why Work For Us?
We have a great benefit plan that includes extensive medical and dental as well as life insurance. This plan is 80% covered by the hotel for single coverage. We also offer a great loyalty program and have a travel program which can have you staying in hotels across the world for employee discounted rates.
What We Are Looking For?
Diamond Hotel Management is looking is looking for a full-time Line Cooks for The Renaissance Edmonton Airport Hotel to contribute to our state of the art culinary department.
- Wage: $17.50 per hour
- Vacancies: 4
- Hours per week: 30 to 44 hours per week
- Work location: 4236 36 Street, Edmonton, AB, T9E 0V4
Terms of employment:
- Permanent, Full time
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Employment conditions: Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, Flexible Hours, Early Morning, Morning
- Assist Chef de Partie with improving and maintaining quality and consistency of food in the Banquet Kitchen and Halo restaurant;
- Maintains cleanliness standards in the entire prep kitchen, walk-in freezers, walk-in boxes and all reach-in refrigerators;
- Assist in monitoring and taking daily temperatures of fridges and freezers in the kitchen;
- Maintains food quality and service in accordance with standardized company recipes and procedures;
- Regularly reports all needed maintenance projects to appropriate departments;
- Helps foster and maintain professional working relationships between kitchen and Front of the House Ambassadors;
- Assist Chef de Partie with ordering, organization, and proper rotation of all food;
- Ensure that all special requests from guests, owners and management are executed with accuracy, expediency and the highest of standards;
- Follow and maintain restaurant recipe user guides and costing books;
- Assist when needed in taking and posting menu item photos in each outlet to insure uniformity and consistency;
- Assist Sous Chef and Chef de Partie in monitoring and recording safe temperatures of hot and cold foods;
- Help enforce proper sanitation practices in the kitchen and ensuring compliance with hotel policy and health regulations;
- Assist in making sure that all food handling and storing practices are monitored on a daily basis, and all food preparation is labeled and dated;
- Assist in maintaining working relationships with our Stewarding Team;
- Attend all associate meetings, and come up with suggestions for solving problems;
- Duties to include, but not limited to, Grilling, Broiling, Entremetier, Garde Mange, Breakfast cookery, Basic Butchery, Basic Pastry, line cooking and Banquet Kitchen;
- Organize and manage buffets and banquets;
- Inspect kitchens and food service areas;
- Prepare and cook special meals for patients as instructed by dietitian or chef;
- Clean kitchen and work areas;
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods;
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances;
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Sous Chef and Chef de Partie.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Ability to speak English;
- No degree, certificate or diploma;
- 1 to 2 years of experience in a full service hotel kitchen or similar operations;
- Open availability including weekends and holidays;
- Work Setting: Hotel, motel, resort
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Physically demanding, Standing for extended periods, Repetitive tasks, Attention to detail, Overtime required;
- Personal Suitability: Organized, Client focus, Flexibility, Reliability, Team player
Benefits and Perks:
- Tips from customers
- Health benefits, Other benefits, Long term benefits, Financial benefits,
- Group insurance benefits, Life insurance
- Health care plan, Disability benefits, Dental plan, Vision care benefits, Paramedical services coverage
- Free parking available, Subsidised public transportation
- Company events
- On-site parking, Free parking/747 Bus Pass Reimbursement
- Paid time off
- On-demand pay – get paid whenever you want!
- In-house management training program
- Quarterly fun work events unlike anyone else!
- 50% off food and beverage for you and your friends
- Monthly talent rallies with food and entertainment
- Work with an award-winning team
In person: Renaissance Edmonton Airport Hotel: 4236 36 Street, Edmonton, AB, T9E 0V4
Between 09:00 AM and 10:00 PM
By email: email@example.com