Express Scripts Canada is looking for a Middleware Linux/Storage Administrator to be part of the Infrastructure Production Operations team. The primary objective of the Middleware Linux/Storage Administrator will be to work as a member of the Production Operations team working closely with Business stakeholders, Project Managers, IS Management to understand processes, business requirements and translate them into Linux and Storage technology solutions.
The Middleware Linux/Storage Administrator role requires ability to create and analyze solutions based on business value while maintaining best design/development practices, procedures and guidelines throughout the Production Operations lifecycle.
Furthermore, the Middleware Linux/Storage Administrator acts as a subject matter expert in Middleware and Linux Administration, has the ability to perform end-to-end impact analysis of source system changes, capacity planning, performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Lead the Linux/Unix and Storage performance and capacity planning practice by defining and building the framework and standards, and delivering the related services
- Work closely with Production Operations team members, Infrastructure team members, Project Managers, Software Development and Business Analysts to ensure successful delivery of Steady State for all Production Operations
- Manage performance issues in all custom code released to production for optimal performance
- Work closely with Team Leads from Development and Business Analysis Departments to ensure comprehensive test plans are developed and testing scripts are maintained from verbal and written business specifications and ensure that defects and fixes across prioritized systems are documented, tracked and closed in conjunction with business priorities
- Evaluate change management requests to determine optimum testing process for the degree of change being implemented; including Time & Cost estimation with Impact analysis
- Aid in the support/writing of Perl, Shell and PL/SQL scripts written to both monitor and maintain the Disk Arrays and support applications
- Define Disk Array system architecture that can be implemented uniformly across Production and Non-Production and environments
- Ability to provide after-hours Linux/Unix and Storage support on rotation as required
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, information systems or computer engineering
- 5+ years of Linux / Unix experience in RedHat Linux and HP-UX Unix environments; with emphasis on HA and clustering
- 5+ yrs experience with Linux/Unix high volume transaction processing environment using 3 tier architecture and Oracle database servers (Oracle 12c. SQL)
- 5+ yrs experience with Middleware products – tc-server, Apache Tomcat, Oracle Tuxedo – with ability to configure, troubleshoot, install highly available configurations
- 5+ yrs experience with performance management and administration of SAN and NAS systems, NetApp Storage systems, including specific experience in the following areas:
– LUN provisioning,
– Inter-array, and intra-array replication
– Fibre channel zoning (Cisco/Brocade)
– Performance analysis and optimization of storage arrays and SAN
- Strong experience in Security, certificates, platform and o/s hardening, shell scripting
- Strong working experience with RHEL / CentOS, including in-depth experience in deep level support, administration, and performance tuning of LINUX/Unix software
- In-depth experience of deep level support, O/S Patching, hardware firmware upgrade, advanced knowledge of Redhat Satellite.
- Strong working knowledge of Red Hat OpenShift, Kubernetes, and container technologies; exposure to Elastisearch is important
- Working experience with HP Blade System C7000, HP Integrity BL 860x, including in-depth experience in deep level support, configuration, administration, and performance tuning
- Working experience with Virtual Machines, including in-depth experience in deep level support, administration, and performance tuning of Linux software
- Working experience in using capacity planning for cost-effective strategies to plan and design storage systems, both for temporary use and to meet long-term data storage needs
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong understanding of Linux/Unix and Storage structures, theories, principles, and practices;
- Strong knowledge of scripting tools for automation, monitoring and tuning required
- Strong knowledge of Red Hat products and technologies: RHEL, Satellite, OpenShift, and associated products (Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, Dockers, etc)
- Strong knowledge of middleware products and technologies: tc-server, Apache Tomcat, Oracle Tuxedo, including HA configurations
- Strong knowledge of security and certificates, network configurations, firewalls, load balancers
- Excellent problem-solving skills, a self-starting attitude and presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate across multiple levels within the organization: Management, Production Operations, IT, Systems Administration, etc.
- Understanding of the Health Care business is an asset
- Excellent knowledge of backup and recovery scenarios
- Be able to provide a strategic Linux, Middleware, and Storage direction for the organization
- Hands-On Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (including MS Project, MS Power Point, Visio)
- After hours support using pager and cell phone – on a rotational basis
- Flexible and adaptable to working additional hours and/or overtime
- Occasional travel to Montreal and/or within the GTA
Note: Internal candidates should apply before November 21, 2021.
Express Scripts Canada is a Cigna company
Express Scripts Canada is a subsidiary of Express Scripts, a Cigna company. Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, wellbeing and peace of mind of those we serve. Cigna offers an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioural health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products.
About Express Scripts Canada
Express Scripts Canada is a leading health benefits manager and has been recognized as one of the most innovative. Our clients include Canada’s leading insurers, third party administrators and governments. We work with these clients to develop industry-leading solutions to deliver superior healthcare in a cost-controlled environment. We provide Active Pharmacy™ services to more than 7 million Canadian patients and adjudicate more than 100 million pharmacy, dental, and extended health claims annually. Through our proprietary consumer intelligence, clinical expertise, and patients-first approach, we promote better health decisions for plan members, while managing and reducing drug benefit costs for plan sponsors.
It will be a condition of employment that the successful candidate obtains an Enhanced Reliability Clearance from the Federal Government. The candidate will be required to provide supporting documentation to receive clearance if required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, along with a positive work environment built on solid corporate values, integrity, mutual respect, collaboration, passion, service and alignment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be.
We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities.
If you require accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: [email protected] Do not email [email protected] for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.