Live-in Caregiver- persons with disabilities
6390 125A Street, Surrey, British Columbia, Canada V3X 3N1
Salary: $20/hour for 40 hours a week
NOC Title: Live-in Caregiver- persons with disabilities
NOC Number: 4412
Positions Available: 1
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Live-in Caregiver required to take care of an elderly person with disabilities. The candidate must be mature, honest, independent and reliable.
Work location: Private household in Surrey, British Columbia.
• Provide personal care, Companionship to elderly person
• Shop for food and household supplies
• Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
• Assist the elderly person with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene
• Assume full responsibility for household (in absence of householder)
• Administer bedside and personal care to elderly person
• Prepare and serve nutritious meals to elderly person
• Feed or assist in feeding,
• Change non-sterile dressings,
• Shop for food and household supplies,
• Provide personal care,
• Provide companionship,
• Plan therapeutic diets and menus,
• Launder clothing and household linens,
• Collect specimens,
• Assist in regular exercise, e.g., walk, Administer medications
Experience and Qualifications:
•Completion of secondary school education (any post-secondary education is an asset).
• Completion of a training program in care of the elderly, care of persons with disabilities, convalescent care or in a related field may be required or at least one year of full-time paid experience as a caregiver or in a related field or occupation is required.
• First Aid Certificate or Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate will be an asset.
• Able to speak, write and read English.
Terms of Employment: The job is full-time, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Days off: Saturday and Sunday. 5 days paid sick leave, 30 minutes paid meal break. 4% Vacation pay of the gross salary will be paid each pay period.
Free of cost in home accommodation can be provided, if needed. (This is not a Requirement of Employment)
To apply, kindly email your resume by:
Email: [email protected]
Mail: 6390 125A Street, Surrey, British Columbia, Canada V3X 3N1