- British Columbia NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
Long Haul Truck Driver
We are Across Logistics Ltd, handling your logistics needs across Canada and United States. We are currently hiring Long Haul Truck Drivers.
Long Haul Truck Driver
Across Logistics Ltd.
6997 129A Street Surrey BC V3W 7B1
Salary: $27.00-$30.00/Hourly (depending on experience) for 40-60 hours per week
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent, Overtime, Early morning, Morning, Day, Evening, Weekend, Night, Flexible hours
Start Date: As soon as possible
Positions Available: 06
Minimum Education: High School
Credentials (certificates, licences): Driver’s Licence (Class 1 or A), Air Brake (Z) Endorsement
Experience: Experience an asset. On job training will be provided
NOC Group: Truck Drivers (7411)
NOC Job Title: Long Haul Truck Driver
All Over Canada & US with business address 6997 129A Street Surrey BC V3W 7B1 Yard Address 9076 River Road Delta BC V4G 1B5
- Operate and drive the long-haul trucks to transport the freight to and from the destination.
- Must follow all the safety procedure required to transport the goods and should ensure that the freight is properly secure.
- Plan the trips accordingly and have all the necessary documents required for transportation.
- Can perform pre trip, post trip and vehicle inspection including the systems, the cargo, tires, brake system.
- Can easily navigate the vehicle in any kind of weather condition and areas.
- Can administer bills and maintain the logbooks manually or computerised.
- Make records of the cargo, the hours of services, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- Can communicate through the communication systems with the other drivers, dispatchers and customers.
- Able to do roadside repairs when necessary.
- Able to drive as part of 2-person team.
- Employment Requirements
- Completion of Secondary school is required.
- Class 1 or A Driver’s License and Air brake endorsement are required.
1-2 years experience is desirable. However, No experience is necessary. On the job training will be provided to willing candidates.
Proficiency to communicate in basic English.
Willing to travel across border, for extended periods, overnight and drive as a team.
Ability to communicate with dispatcher and other drivers using two-way radio, cellular phone.
Clean driving record.
On the Job Training
We have an On the job training program in place to train new Class1 license holders willing to travel in a team. We provide theoretical, in yard, and on the road training to the new hires.
We would try to be as flexible as possible when it come to the work schedule for our truck drivers. We try our level best to offer you the maximum family time.
As per BC Employment standards 10 days of paid vacation annually or 4% vacation pay of the gross salary. As per Canada labour code for highway drivers, overtime rate of 1.5 times the regular is applicable after 60 hours per week. 05 days of paid sick leave.
How to Apply
We strongly encourage Students, Youth, Visible minorities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, seniors to apply. Willing candidates are requested to apply immediately by
Mail: 6997 129A Street Surrey BC V3W 7B1
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: