Long Haul Truck Driver
ACME LOGISTICS LTD.
12978 Glengarry Drive Surrey BC V3V 1T1
Salary: $27.00-$30.00/Hourly (depending on experience) for 40-60 hours per week
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent, Overtime, Early morning, Morning, Day, Evening, Weekend, Night, Flexible hours
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: None
Positions Available: 12
NOC Group: 7511 – Transport truck drivers
NOC Job Title: Long Haul Truck Driver
Credentials (certificates, licences): Driver’s Licence (Class 1 or A), Air Brake (Z) Endorsement
All Over Canada & US with business based at 12978 Glengarry Drive, Surrey, BC, V3V 1T1 and Yard located at 10834 Timberland Road Surrey BC V3V 3T5
Acme Logistics is a leader among third party Metro Vancouver logistics and warehousing companies. At ACME Logistics Ltd. we have one goal – specialized logistics for our customers. We are experienced logistics provider located in Surrey, British Columbia, you can trust us to provide a fully managed solution to your short- and long-term warehousing/distribution and transportation needs.
• Operate and drive company trucks to various locations across Canada and the US, transporting goods and materials
• Perform pre-trip inspections of the truck, vehicle systems and equipment, brakes, tires and lights
• If necessary, perform emergency roadside repairs
• Oversee the condition of vehicle equipment, loading and unloading of goods and ensuring the safe delivery of cargo
• Ensure that all documentation and permits are in order when driving US routes
• Ensure the accurate recording of cargo information, distance logs, fuel consumption and expenses into log books
• Communicate with company dispatcher and other company drivers
• Navigate the vehicle in any kind of weather condition and areas
• Follow all the safety procedure required to transport the goods and should ensure that the freight is properly secure.
• May be required to drive as a part of a two-person team
• Must have Class 1 OR A or equal Driver’s License from any other province or country with air brake endorsement.
• No formal education is required. Completion of secondary school education will be an asset to have.
• No experience is required; we will provide On the Job Training to new hires. One year of mountain commercial driving experience is desirable.
• Proficiency to communicate in basic English.
• Clean Driving abstract is required.
• Willing to travel across border, for extended periods, overnight and drive as a team.
On the Job Training
We have an On the job training program in place to train new Class1 license holders willing to travel in a team. We provide theoretical, in yard, and on the road training to the new hires.
We would try to be as flexible as possible when it come to the work schedule for our truck drivers. We try our level best to offer you the maximum family time.
As per BC Employment standards 10 days of paid vacation annually or 4% vacation pay of the gross salary.
As per Canada labour code for highway drivers, overtime rate of 1.5 times the regular is applicable after 60 hours per week.
Transportation Cost to local candidates from all over Canada
We would provide transportation cost (Air Ticket or Road transportation) in full to the candidates from all over Canada willing to move for employment with us.
How to Apply
Send resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org