Long Haul Truck Driver
Route Link Logistics Inc. located at 19-1551 Brookside Blvd Winnipeg, MB, R2R 1V6 is looking for 8 full-time Long-Haul Truck drivers to join their team as soon as possible.
Position: Long Haul Truck Driver
Position Available: 8
Wage: $21.65 per hour
Duration: 50 hours per week
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full-time
Anticipated start date: As soon as possible
Work Location: Various Locations across Canada
- Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and materials
- Transport and handle dangerous goods
- Drive lighter, special purpose trucks
- Load and unload goods
- Tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo
- Receive and relay information to central dispatch
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle
- Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment
- Perform brake adjustments
- Perform emergency roadside repairs
- Perform preventive maintenance
- Drive as part of a two-person team or convoy
Education: Completion of secondary school is required
Experience: Training will be provided
Language: English (Oral and Written)
Location of Work: Drivers will be required to travel across Canada and into 48 states across the USA.
Air brake endorsement and Class 1 Driver’s License is required.
Security and Safety: Driving record check (abstract)
Transportation/Travel Information: Willing to travel cross-border
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail, Repetitive tasks, Physically demanding, Sitting
Personal Suitability: Effective interpersonal skills, Judgement, Team player
How to Apply: Contact only by sending emails at: [email protected], No phone calls or personal visits are allowed before the interview. Only Selected candidates will be contacted for interview.