LONG HAUL TRUCK DRIVER
Darwesh Trucking Ltd.
14575 59B Avenue Surrey BC V3S 7B4
Salary: $27.00-$29.00 per hour (depending on experience) for 40 to 60 hours per week
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent, Overtime, Early morning, Morning, Day, Evening, Weekend, Night, Flexible hours, Part Time
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 03
NOC Group: Truck Drivers (7411)
NOC Job Title: Long Haul Truck Driver
All Over Canada & US with Yard located at 8469 132 Street Surrey BC V3W 4N8. Business address is 14575 59B Avenue Surrey BC V3S 7B4
Darwesh Trucking Ltd. based in Surrey, BC is currently hiring three long haul truck drivers for their long runs through Canada and US.
- Operate and drive the long-haul trucks to transport the freight to and from the destination within Canada and US.
- Must follow all the safety procedure required to transport the goods and should ensure that the freight is properly secure.
- Plan the trips accordingly and have all the necessary documents required for transportation.
- Perform pre trip, post trip and vehicle inspection including the systems, the cargo, tires, brake system.
- Navigate the vehicle in any kind of weather condition and areas.
- Administer bills and maintain the logbooks manually or computerised.
- Make records of the cargo, the hours of services, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- Communicate through the communication systems with the other drivers, dispatchers and customers.
- Do roadside repairs when necessary.
- Drive as part of 2-person team or single as desired by the company.
- Completion of Secondary school is required.
- Class 1 or A license or license equivalent to Class 1 or A and Air brake endorsement are required.
- 1-2 years experience is desirable. However, No experience is necessary. On the job training will be provided to willing candidates.
- Proficiency to communicate in basic English.
- Willing to travel across border, for extended periods, overnight and drive as a team.
- Ability to communicate with dispatcher and other drivers using two-way radio, cellular phone.
- Clean driving record.
- Drug testing is mandatory.
On the Job Training
We have an On the job training program in place to train new Class1 license holders willing to travel in a team. We provide theoretical, in yard, and on the road training to the new hires.
We would try to be as flexible as possible when it come to the work schedule for our truck drivers. We try our level best to offer you the maximum family time.
As per BC Employment standards 10 days of paid vacation annually or 4% vacation pay of the gross salary. As per Canada labour code for highway drivers, overtime rate of 1.5 times the regular is applicable after 60 hours per week.
How to Apply
If interested, please forward your resume as soon as possible.
Email: [email protected]
Mail: 14575 59B Avenue Surrey BC V3S 7B4