- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Long Haul Truck Driver
Long Haul Truck Driver
Fast Way Disposal (2006) Ltd.
6256 264 Street LANGLEY BC V4W 1P4
Salary: $27.00 – $29.00/Hourly (depending on experience) for 40-60 hours per week
Job Type: Full Time, Part Time, Permanent, Overtime, Early morning, Morning, Day, Evening, Weekend, Night, Flexible hours
Start Date: As soon as possible
Positions Available: 04
Minimum Education: None
Credentials (certificates, licences): Driver’s Licence (Class 1 or A), Air Brake (Z) Endorsement
Experience: Experience an asset. On job training will be provided
NOC Group: Truck Drivers (7411)
NOC Job Title: Long Haul Truck Driver
All Over B.C. with business address 6256 264 Street LANGLEY BC V4W 1P4
- Completion of Secondary school is desirable, but not mandatory.
- Class 1 or A Driver’s License and Air brake endorsement are required.
- 1-2 years experience is desirable. However, No experience is necessary. On the job training will be provided to willing candidates.
- Proficiency to communicate in basic English.
- Ability to communicate with dispatcher and other drivers using two-way radio, cellular phone.
- Clean driving record.
- Operate and drive company’s truck-trailers to transport the construction & residential waste material to and from the destination over long distances within B.C. Canada.
- Follow all the safety procedure required to transport the goods and ensure that the freight is properly secured.
- Plan the trips accordingly and have all the necessary documents required for transportation.
- Perform pre trip, post trip and en-route vehicle inspection including the systems, the cargo, tires, brake system.
- Navigate the vehicle in any kind of weather condition and areas.
- Administer bills and maintain the logbooks manually or computerized.
- Make records of the cargo, the hours of services, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- Communicate through the communication systems with the other drivers, dispatchers and customers.
- Do small emergency roadside repairs when necessary.
- Drive as a single driver or as a part of 2-person team as per company requirement.
On the Job Training: We have an on-the-job training program in place to train new Class1 license holders willing to travel in a team. We provide theoretical, in yard, and on the road training to the new hires.
Flexible Hours: We would try to be as flexible as possible when it come to the work schedule for our truck drivers. We try our level best to offer you the maximum family time.
Other: As per BC Employment standards 10 days of paid vacation annually or 4% vacation pay of the gross salary
As per Canada labour code for highway drivers, overtime rate of 1.5 times the regular is applicable after 60 hours per week.
How to Apply
We strongly encourage Students, Youth, Part Timers, Visible minorities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, and people with flexible schedule to apply. We are in dire need of help and will try our best to match your schedule. Willing candidates are requested to apply immediately by
Email: [email protected]
Mail: 6256 264 Street LANGLEY BC V4W 1P4
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: