Long Haul Truck Driver
Metro MTL Freightways Ltd.
13256 65A Avenue Surrey BC V3W 1Z5
Salary: $27.00 – $30.00 per hour (depending on experience) for 40-60 hours per week
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent, Overtime, Early morning, Morning, Day, Evening, Weekend, Night, Flexible hours
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: None
Positions Available: 10
NOC Group: 7511 – Transport truck drivers
NOC Job Title: Long Haul Truck Driver
Credentials (certificates, licences): Driver’s Licence (Class 1 or A), Air Brake (Z) Endorsement
All Over Canada & US with business based at 13256 65A Avenue Surrey BC V3W 1Z5 and Yard located at 10834 Timberland Road Surrey BC V3V 3T5
Metro MTL Freightways Ltd. provides quality service in hauling General Freight all over Canada & USA. We are experienced logistics provider located in Surrey, British Columbia, customers trust us to provide a fully managed solution for transportation and logistics needs. We urgently require additional long haul truck drivers.
• Safely operate and drive company trucks to various locations across Canada and the US, transporting goods and materials
• Perform pre-trip inspections of the truck, vehicle systems and equipment, brakes, tires and lights
• Occasionally perform emergency roadside repairs
• Oversee the condition of vehicle equipment, loading and unloading of goods and ensuring the safe delivery of cargo
• Ensure that all documentation and permits are in order when driving interstate routes
• Ensure the accurate recording of cargo information, distance logs, fuel consumption and expenses into log books
• Communicate with company dispatcher, customers, and other company drivers
• Navigate and maneuver the vehicle in any kind of weather condition and areas
• Follow all the safety procedure required to transport the goods and should ensure that the freight is properly secure
• May be required to drive as a part of a two-person team as per operational requirements of the company
• Must have Class 1 OR A or equal Driver’s License from any other province or country.
• No formal education is required. Completion of secondary school education will be an asset to have.
• No experience is required, we will provide On the Job Training to new hires. One year of mountain commercial driving experience is desirable.
• Proficiency to communicate in basic English.
• Clean Driving abstract is required.
• Willing to travel across border, for extended periods, overnight and drive as a team.
On the Job Training
We have an On the job training program in place to train new Class1 license holders willing to travel in a team. We provide theoretical, in yard, and on the road training to the new hires.
We would try to be as flexible as possible when it come to the work schedule for our truck drivers. We try our level best to offer you the maximum family time.
As per BC Employment standards 10 days of paid vacation annually or 4% vacation pay of the gross salary.
As per Canada labour code for highway drivers, overtime rate of 1.5 times the regular is applicable after 60 hours per week.
How to Apply
We are an equal opportunity employer. We highly encourage youth, students, visible minorities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, seniors to apply.
Email: [email protected] metrofreightways.com
Mail: 432 7184 120 STREET SURREY BC V3W 0M6