Long Haul Truck Driver
Hayer Tractor Services Ltd.
2593 Lavender CRT Abbotsford BC V3G 3E7
Salary: $27.00-$29.00/Hourly (depending on experience) for 40-60 hours per week
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent, Overtime, Early morning, Morning, Day, Evening, Weekend, Night, Flexible hours
Start Date: As soon as possible
Positions Available: 03
Minimum Education: High School
Credentials (certificates, licences): Driver’s Licence (Class 1 or A), Air Brake (Z) Endorsement
Experience: Experience an asset. On job training will be provided
NOC Group: Truck Drivers (7411)
NOC Job Title: Long Haul Truck Driver
All Over Canada with business address 2593 Lavender CRT Abbotsford BC V3G 3E7
- Completion of Secondary school is required.
- Class 1 or A Driver’s License and Air brake endorsement are required.
- 1-2 years experience is desirable. However, No experience is necessary. On the job training will be provided to willing candidates.
- Proficiency to communicate in basic English.
- Ability to communicate with dispatcher and other drivers using two-way radio, cellular phone.
- Clean driving record.
- Operate and drive the long-haul trucks to transport the freight to and from the destination in Canada.
- Must follow all the safety procedure required to transport the goods and should ensure that the freight is properly secure.
- Plan the trips accordingly and have all the necessary documents required for transportation.
- Perform pre trip, post trip and vehicle inspection including the systems, the cargo, tires, brake system.
- Navigate the vehicle in any kind of weather condition and areas.
- Administer bills and maintain the logbooks manually or computerised.
- Make records of the cargo, the hours of services, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- Communicate through the communication systems with the other drivers, dispatchers and customers.
- Do roadside repairs when necessary
- Drive as part of 2-person team.
On the Job Training: We have an on the job training program in place to train new Class1 license holders willing to travel in a team. We provide theoretical, in yard, and on the road training to the new hires.
Flexible Hours: We would try to be as flexible as possible when it come to the work schedule for our truck drivers. We try our level best to offer you the maximum family time.
Other: As per BC Employment standards 10 days of paid vacation annually or 4% vacation pay of the gross salary
As per Canada labour code for highway drivers, overtime rate of 1.5 times the regular is applicable after 60 hours per week.
How to Apply
We strongly encourage Students, Youth, Visible minorities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, seniors to apply. Willing candidates are requested to apply immediately by
Email: [email protected]
Mail: 2593 Lavender CRT Abbotsford BC V3G 3E7