Permanent Position: Long Haul Truck Driver (NOC #73300)
Company: DJs moving & delivery
Anticipated Start Date (at the latest in 3 months): As soon as possible
Location: 3920, Youngmore Rd suite Youngmore Rd Richmond, British Columbia V7C 1R6; 3787 Pine Ave
Thornhill, British Columbia V8G 3T3
Wage Rate: $27 Hourly, for 50 Hours per week
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time, Overtime, Weekend, Day
Education: High School is an asset.
Experience: No experience required. Paid on job training will be provided
Languages: Basic English
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.): Driver’s Licence (Class 1 or A), Air Brake (Z) Endorsement
Type of Industry Experience: Trucking
Weight Handling: More than 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and materials.
- Loading and unloading of goods.
- Plan travel schedules and routes, use atlases and other trip planning aids.
- Receive and relay information to central dispatcher.
- Drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
- Receive and relay information to central dispatch
- Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- Monitor vehicle performance and mechanical fitness.
- Perform emergency roadside repairs
- Tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Work under pressure
Other: Operate units; hauling freight throughout Canada. Candidate must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Essential Skills: Working with others, Problem solving, Critical thinking, Job task planning and organizing, significant use of memory
Other Information: Candidate must be eligible to work in Canada. Position is also available and open to Aboriginal youth, new immigrants and persons with disabilities.
Security and Safety: Basic security clearance, Criminal record check, Driving record check (abstract), Medical exam, Drug test
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Physically demanding. The candidate should be available to work full-time in the day or evening or on weekends, if required.
Transportation/Travel Information: Willing to travel for extended periods, willing to travel overnight, valid driver’s licence
Work Location Information: Various locations in USA and Canada
Employer: DJs moving & delivery
How to Apply:
By Mail: 3920, Youngmore Rd suite Youngmore Rd Richmond, British Columbia V7C 1R6
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org