Long Haul Truck Drivers
Golden Express Trucking Inc
Unit 103 8642 128 Street Surrey BC V3W 4G5 Canada
Salary: $27.00-$30.00/Hourly (depending on experience) for 40-60 hours per week
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent, Overtime, Early morning, Morning, Day, Evening, Weekend, Night, Flexible hours
Start Date: As soon as possible
Positions Available: 16
Minimum Education: None
Credentials (certificates, licences): Driver’s Licence (Class 1 or A), Air Brake (Z) Endorsement
Experience: Experience an asset. On job training will be provided
NOC Group: Truck Drivers (7411)
NOC Job Title: Long Haul Truck Driver
- All Over Canada & US with business address Unit 103 8642 128 Street Surrey BC V3W 4G5 Canada
- Employment Requirements
- No formal education requirement. Completion of Secondary school is an asset.
- Class 1 or A Driver’s License and Air brake endorsement are required.
- 1-2 years experience is desirable. However, No experience is necessary. On the job training will be provided to willing candidates.
- Proficiency to communicate in basic English.
- Willing to travel across border, for extended periods, overnight and drive as a team.
- Ability to communicate with dispatcher and other drivers using two-way radio, cellular phone.
- Clean driving record.
- Operate and drive company’s straight or articulated trucks, weighing over 4600 Kg with three or more axles, to transport goods and materials to destinations all over Canada and USA.
- Oversee all aspects of vehicles, such as condition of equipment, loading and unloading, and safety and security of cargo.
- Must follow all the safety procedure required to transport the goods and should ensure that the freight is properly secure.
- Plan the trips accordingly and have all the necessary documents required for transportation.
- Perform pre trip, post trip and vehicle inspection including the systems, the cargo, tires, brake system.
- Can easily navigate the vehicle in any kind of weather condition and areas.
- Can administer bills and maintain the logbooks manually or computerised.
- Maintain log book, record cargo information, the hours of services, distance travelled, fuel consumption and other information in log book.
- Can communicate through the communication systems with the other drivers, dispatchers and customers.
- Able to do roadside repairs when necessary.
- Able to drive as part of 2-person team.
We offer opportunities for training, incentives, and flexible work arrangements. Whether you need a van, refrigerated trailer, or heated trailer, we have latest equipment to make your job easier.
On the Job Training
We have an On the job training program in place to train new Class1 license holders willing to travel in a team. We provide theoretical, in yard, and on the road training to the new hires.
We would try to be as flexible as possible when it come to the work schedule for our truck drivers. We try our level best to offer you the maximum family time.
Extended medical benefits
We offer extended medical benefits after completion of first 90 days of employment which includes dental and prescription drugs, Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
$50 phone allowance per month per month will be provided.
As per BC Employment standards 10 days of paid vacation annually or 4% vacation pay of the gross salary
As per Canada labour code for highway drivers, overtime rate of 1.5 times the regular is applicable after 60 hours per week.
How to Apply
We strongly encourage Students, Youth, Visible minorities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, seniors to apply. Willing candidates are requested to apply immediately by
Email: [email protected]
Fax: (604) 501-0815
Mail: Unit 103 8642 128 Street Surrey BC V3W 4G5
Phone: (604) 501-0814 (9AM to 5PM PST Weekdays)
Anyone reading this advertisement may refer us a qualified candidate and receive a referral incentive as our gratitude. Kindly contact us for details.