Northwest Freightways Ltd. located at 12340 Winram Road, Surrey, BC, V3V 3Y5
is looking for 10 Long haul truck drivers (NOC: 7511).
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time, Weekend, Day, Night, Evening
Wage Rate: $25.50 to $27.50 Hourly, for 50.00 Hours per week
Anticipated Start Date (at the latest in 3 months): As soon as possible
Type of Trucking and Equipment: Tractor-trailer, Refrigerated, Highway
Type of Travel: Long-haul, Provincial/territorial, International
Work Location Information: Various locations across North America
- Operate and drive mainly tractor- trailer or straight-body trucks to transport goods and materials across different locations.
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection of vehicle systems, equipment and accessories such as tires, lights and turning signals, brakes and cold storage.
- Monitor and if required assist with loading and unloading of goods and ensure that good are stacked and secured properly
- Plan travel schedules and routes and obtain required documentation for transportation.
- Use GPS, maps and other trip planning aids for efficient travel.
- Receive and relay information to central dispatcher.
- Drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
- May perform any repairs that may need to carry out especially during a roadside emergency.
- Obtain all permit and other documents required to travel internationally.
- Maintain log books and other reports in a timely manner.
Education: Completion of High School is required
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.): Driver’s Licence (Class 1 or A), Air Brake (Z) Endorsement
Experience: Not required, we will provide on-the-job training
Languages: Basic knowledge of English
Weight Handling: Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
Security and Safety: Basic security clearance, Criminal record check, Driving record check (abstract), Drug test
Documentation Knowledge: Driver logbook, Bill of lading, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), Trans-border documentation, Maintenance and repair reports, Trip reports, Accident or incident reports
Communication Equipment Experience: GPS and other navigation equipment
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Physically demanding
Transportation/Travel Information: Willing to travel cross-border, willing to travel for extended periods, Valid driver’s licence
Essential Skills: Effective interpersonal skills, judgement, reliability, team player
Other: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
How to apply:
By Mail: 12340 Winram Road, Surrey, BC, V3V 3Y5
By Email: [email protected]