- Alberta NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Mainframe Software Developer
Mainframe Software Developer
4100 Gordon Baker Road
Job Family Group:
We invite all experienced and aspiring First Nations / Métis / Inuit professionals to apply to roles featured on BMO’s Indigenous Careers landing page, as well as all of those on BMO’s Careers page.
Qualified First Nations / Metis / Inuit applicants applying through these postings will be considered for open job vacancies, where they exist, or added to our Indigenous Talent Network and matched to other upcoming opportunities.
This is part of BMO’s ongoing commitment to Indigenous applicants. Our recruitment team will reach out to those selected for further consideration.
We continue to expand our Mainframe division and am looking for candidates with the right fit! Are you interested in the intersection of technology and business, are detail oriented and willing to expand your knowledge through the vast world of mainframe?
The Application Software Developer is accountable for the analysis, design, development, implementation and support of applications which support Core Banking processes across all of BMO’s Lines of Businesses.
Some Specific Functions of This Role:
- Writes high quality and well-documented code according to accepted standards based on user requirements
- Leads in development, testing and implementation of small to mid-size initiatives
- Participates in project and team meetings interacting and collaborating with team members and other departments as appropriate
- Contributes to successful completion of project deliverables
- Provides support to team members and application support analyst
- Experience or exposure to knowledge of system design, analysis methodology and application development processes from either an industry or BMO perspective
- 2-5 years systems analysis and programming experience and/or core banking knowledge
- Strong analytical skills for complex problem solving
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of the banking/financial industry is an asset
- University degree or college diploma in Computer Science or similar
- Willingness to learn High Level Assembler language
- Demonstrated collaboration and multi-tasking capabilities through working productively with business clients, developer peers, and technical specialists such as architects and DBAs
- Strong leadership with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience or exposure in mainframe technologies like z/OS, DB2, CICS, MVS, JCL
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: