Title: Maintenance Millwright
Job Requisition ID: 275447
Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada, N1L 1P4
Category: BUILD OPERATE MAINTAIN (PLANT OPNS)
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive — a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field.
At Cargill we have a Culture of Safety, our goal is to return everyone safely back to their loved ones every day.
Cargill’s North America protein business produces fresh, frozen and cooked beef, turkey, pork, chicken and egg protein offerings, sauces, soups, case ready products, pet treats and by-products for our retail, foodservice and food ingredient customers.
Cargill Protein focuses on product quality, employee safety, food safety, animal wellbeing, environmental impact, improved sustainability and community engagement as it strives to nourish the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way. Cargill Protein has a diverse 28,000-member team and operates approximately 60 protein primary and further processing facilities, distribution centers, feed mills, hatcheries, and an innovation center in the U.S. and Canada, in addition to maintaining international sales offices. Canada is home to 10 of these facilities and includes over 5500 stakeholders.
Job Type: Full Time
Shift: Monday through Friday from 3pm to 11pm
Compensation: $36.95/hr + $0.25/hr Afternoon Shift Premium + $3,000 Sign-On Bonus
- Perform preventative maintenance and troubleshoot equipment safely while abiding by all policies & procedures.
- Perform preventive maintenance on electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Follow company policies (performance, safety, etc.).
- Troubleshoot and repair hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical equipment.
- Perform administrative tasks including completing permits, parts ordering, and work order completion.
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Cargill requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old
- Ontario or Inter-Provincial 433A Millwright Certificate (Full License)
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending/stooping, lifting a minimum of 50lbs, Kneeling, climbing ladders and open/close valves.
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (Verbal/Written)
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work overtime including holidays, nights, weekends or different shifts with advanced notice.
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Basic food safety knowledge
- Experience in food manufacturing or packaging
- Knowledge of CFIA requirements for food manufacturing
- At least 2 years of experience in production related work
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
- Ability to operate machinery and/or industrial equipment with or without reasonable accommodation
This Full Time position is located in Guelph, ON; however please expect receiving calls from a 204 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.