Company: 3321061 Canada Inc. o/a Sunrise Soya Foods
Business information: Since 1986. Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. Sunrise Soya Foods offers a diverse range of soy products such as tofu, desserts, traditional varieties and beverages. We also offer premium tofu products which are all made with certified organic soybeans and non-GMO project verified. We take great pride in creating employment opportunities, supporting organizations in our local communities, and making a lasting impact through our expanded business. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer focus, honesty and integrity, respect, teamwork and corporate citizenship.
Business Address: 729 Powell Street, Vancouver, BC, V6A 1H5
Work Location: 21 Medulla Ave, Toronto ON, M8Z5L6
Type of Employment: Full Time– Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Supervise workers and projects, oversee project management to ensure effective milestone planning and timely completion of deliverables.
- Co-ordinate and schedule activities
- Train or arrange for training in processing and packaging equipment
- Ensure health and safety regulations are followed, promote and follow Occupational Health and Safety (OHS), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control points (HACCP) and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- Recommend personnel actions
- Requisition or order materials, equipment and supplies
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other work units
- Resolve problems and recommend measures to improve productivity
- Prepare production and other reports, collect and analyze data to improve downtime performance
- Recruit and hire workers and carry out related staffing actions
- Prepare bids, negotiate contracts with vendors
- Operate CADD and other computer software systems
- Estimate costs and materials, work with the Plant Manager to develop the Maintenance department budget plan.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the maintenance of buildings and production equipment
- Ensure compliance of all company’s policies, procedures and standards for Food Safety, Safe, Operating Procedures (SOP’s), quality, cost control, waste reduction and complete and on-time delivery
- Evaluate employees’ performance in processing and packaging equipment
-Education: Completion of secondary education is required
-Experience: At least 2 years of experience providing maintenance services are required.
-Due to the importance of the equipment we use for our operations, at least 1 year of experience in a supervisory position in the food industry is required.
-Work conditions and physical capabilities: Work under pressure, Tight deadlines, Physically demanding, Attention to detail, Fast-paced environment
-Personal Suitability: Judgment, Organized, Effective interpersonal skills, Flexibility, Team player
-Work Site Environment: Outdoors, Noisy, Dusty, At heights, Wet/damp, Cold/refrigerated, Hot
-Work Setting: Industrial
-Ability to supervise 5-10 people
-Workers Supervised: Heavy duty equipment mechanics, Electrical mechanics, Small engine and equipment mechanics, Industrial mechanics, Apprentices, Trades helpers
-Language: English is required
Salary: $40.87 per hour ($85,009.6 CAD per year), 40 hours per week.
Benefits: Dental plan, Health care plan, Vision care benefits, Paramedical services coverage, Group insurance benefits, Life insurance, Free parking available, Team building opportunities, Wellness program. Banking of overtime hours worked for later paid time off upon approval. Cellphone allowance.
Important information: The regular schedule will be from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM from Monday to Friday. However, flexibility on schedule is required. Work on evenings and weekends may be required depending on the business’ needs. Overtime may be required for urgent or emergency maintenance needs.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]