Title: Manager, Mid-Level and Planned Giving
Employee Working Location: Remote/Virtual (Canada
Employment status: Permanent ,full time
Salary band: $60,534 – $77,181 / per year
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC) – one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet and an awardee on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022 – is seeking a Manager, Mid-Level and Planned Giving to join our team.
We are guided by our Fundamental Principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons who share our values and want to contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace to apply.
The incumbent will work with the Sr. Manager, Planned Giving, and with the Major Gifts team, the Planned Giving Team, and the Direct & Integrated Marketing team by ensuring direct marketing best practices inform all teams and by running meaningful touchpoints to foster donor’s long-term engagement as well as ongoing investment. The Manager will play a central role in the development, planning and implementation of the Mid-Level donor program (donation of 10,000 – $25,000). They will also act as the Planned Giving team’s dedicated internal resource for planning and executing multi-channel lead generating and stewardship activities.
In this role, you will:
- In collaboration with CRC’s Direct & Integrated Marketing team, provide strategic input into the design and implementation of innovative, multi-channel direct marketing activities designed to increase Mid-Level donor retention and upgrades and to increase Planned Giving leads.
- Work with Direct & Integrated Marketing team and agency partners to drive the execution of the tactics on time, on budget and with a close eye to detail
- Manage all reviews and approvals required by internal stakeholders
- Work with CRC’s internal support teams on data extraction and segmentation
- Oversee analysis of Mid-Level & Planned Giving Lead Generation results and revenue trends throughout the year to assess program health, implement appropriate changes to targets or adjustments in strategies to optimize
- Ensure KPIs for the program are set, tracked and communicated with appropriate staff
- Actively collects feedback from the Major Gifts and Planned Giving teams about the direct marketing touchpoints to inform future plans
- Work with the Stewardship, Digital and Donor Communications teams on materials and touchpoints for this group of donors
- Work with the broader Direct Marketing team on strategies to upgrade donors into the Mid-Level program
- Lead fundraising efforts for this pool of donors during emergency fundraising appeals in collaboration with the Major Gifts and Direct Marketing teams
- Handle relationship management by managing a portfolio of individuals and family foundation donors and prospects at the $10,000 – $24,999 level.
- Will do financial and activity Reporting by ensuring effectiveness and tracking of Mid-Level Giving activity at Canadian Red Cross
What we are looking for:
- Five or more years of fundraising related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience, with preference given to a Major Gifts / Direct Mail / Planned Giving background.
- Strong communication (written and oral), interpersonal and organization skills in English & French
- Proven track record of delivering fundraising results
- Experience using a fundraising focused database
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Comfortable with working remotely and independently within a national team other province
- Innovative and growth mindset
- Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrating a collaborative approach with a willingness to engage constructively with internal and external stakeholders
- Occasional Travel required
- Driver’s license required
- The position may involve working during non traditional hours on occasion
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- If you are selected for this role, you will be required to complete a successful pre-employment screening process which includes a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC).
- At this time, the CRC has temporarily suspended our Covid-19 vaccination policy and does not require but continues to strongly encourage full vaccination of all our personnel.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible – those who apply after the selection process has started may be held for a second review if needed OR reviewed for alternative roles. We appreciate the time and effort it takes to apply and thank you in advance.
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.
For positions related to Indigenous communities: The official languages recognized within the Canadian Red Cross are English and French however demonstrated skills and ability to communicate in an or multiple Indigenous language(s) or ability to communicate and adapt within Indigenous protocol is highly desirable.