MANAGER, PROCUREMENT : ($84,795 – $99,759 – Annually)
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Supply Chain Services, the Manager, Procurement is responsible for managing the procurement function of construction and operations. He/She/They develops and maintains the supply chain operating infrastructure to support the goals of the Supply Chain team and its decentralized internal stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics, or other relevant field.
- Designation in a registered Supply Management Program as an accredited Professional, or equivalent combination of training and experience. Considerable experience in managing the procurement function for a complex public sector organization, including experience in establishing and implementing best practice procurement processes and procedures in a complex administrative and financial environment.
- Considerable experience in the relevant area of procurement (i.e. construction and/or operations).
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the Employer
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good knowledge and understanding of the diverse procurement requirements for a public sector organization.
- Good understanding of supply chain processes and “total cost” concepts.
- Considerable knowledge of cost and financial analysis.
- Good knowledge of trends and developments in the industry and marketplace.
- Ability to identify and develop opportunities for reducing purchasing costs/supply risk and achieving procurement efficiencies.
- Ability to establish a high level of rapport with Commission management and staff, vendors, contractors and other service providers.
- Ability to lead, mentor and motivate staff in a team environment.
- Good research, analytical, problem solving, planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good leadership, facilitation, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
As part of our commitment to maintaining safe and healthy spaces, BC Housing has introduced an interim mandatory vaccination program for all employees. We require proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Individuals who cannot be vaccinated for reasons related to a protected ground under human rights law (such as medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs) may request an accommodation. Upon receiving a request, we may request additional information to determine whether the applicant can be accommodated in the desired role without undue hardship.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we’re committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, People with Disabilities and Disabled People, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact [email protected]
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Have questions/issues about the application process? Please see our FAQ’s for some useful information.