Date: Apr 6, 2021
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Company: Hydro One Networks Inc
42645 – Toronto – Temporary – 18 months
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
The Manager, Project Management will support the Finance organization by providing technical accounting expertise, oversight of accounting policies, leading special projects, including one-off initiatives related to organizational transformation (insourcing / outsourcing of services), implementation of new processes and or tools, acquisitions and integration all with the focus to drive forward compliance and projects for the Finance Organization to help in meeting objectives and aligning with the corporate strategy. The incumbent of this position will be called upon to make recommendations to increase the efficiency, effectiveness and responsiveness of the Finance Organization
This position calls for an individual with strong accounting knowledge specifically US GAAP and IFRS, a deep understanding of the regulatory framework in which the company operates, and a strong understanding of regulatory accounting. The individual should also have a strong understanding of internal control over financial reporting and disclosure controls and procedures. Familiarity with non-financial disclosures frameworks, guidance and best practices is highly desired. Experience in business process redesign, and implementation of new technology and accounting processes to increase organizational capacity and effectiveness is also preferred.
- Work with a range of stakeholders within Finance and outside of Finance to assess complex accounting scenarios with the objective of concluding on appropriate accounting treatment in accordance with USGAAP and IFRS. Effectively communicate GAAP requirements to stakeholders and achieve buy-in to ensure compliance. This will requires strong persuasion and negotiation skills. Lead or collaborate with stakeholders in establishing or redesigning related processes. Document new accounting policies and undertake periodic update of existing accounting policies.
- Accountable for overseeing and managing the periodic accounting for a number of technical accounting areas, including but not limited to: stock-based compensation, Goodwill impairment assessment, non-controlled investments.
- Lead or act as Finance expert on Special projects, which will require collaboration in reviewing current work processes and fostering innovation in business process redesign, performance management, and other operational areas to increase organizational capacity and ensure the long-term sustainability of the change initiative.
- Coordinate, monitor and provide project updates to the Finance leadership team and produce reports to facilitate discussion and decision-making.
- Ensure that information-sharing, research and analysis with stakeholders within Finance as well as strategic partners outside of Finance and outside the Organization occurs and aligns with corporate strategy.
- Collaborate with all of the other Finance leaders on special projects as needed to ensure that organizational capacity is increased and long-term change initiatives are implemented.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Applicants must have at least 7-10 years of full-time professional, administrative, supervisory, or managerial experience in business administration, business management, public administration, of which at least two (2) years must have been in a project management, supervisory or managerial capacity.
- A professional accounting designation CPA (with public accounting experience preferred)
- Understanding of and experience with Regulatory Accounting and Regulatory Concepts
- Familiarity with Non-financial disclosures and related frameworks
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2020.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: April 13, 2021
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.
Job Segment: Project Manager, Manager, Accounting, Financial, Law, Technology, Management, Finance, Legal