Company: Ivor Forest Products LTD
Business information: We are a proudly Canadian lumber remanufacturing business with over 20 years of history operating facilities in the Fraser Valley. Ivor Forest Products produces items to service markets in Canada, USA and Mexico with products ranging from agricultural stakes to fencing and wood packaging materials.
Business Address: Unit C – 2562 Main Street West Kelowna, BC V4T 2N5
Work Location: 6260 Unsworth Rd. Chilliwack, BC, V2R 5M3 and 6330 Unsworth Rd. Chilliwack, BC, V2R 5M3
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Load, unload and move products and materials by hand or with basic material handling equipment
- Operate a variety of equipment to load, unload and move materials and products
- Weigh materials and goods
- Make labels and attach to goods
- Wrap goods
- Pack and unpack goods
- Sort, crate and stack goods
- Install, lash and secure goods
- Store cargo and materials
- Build loads according to piece counts specified on work orders or directed by supervisory personnel (eg 16 pieces wide by 25 pieces high)
- Engage in cleanup activities when directed and sign off/initial cleaning & maintenance checklists with date when required
- Organize and maintain inventory
-Education: No formal education is required
– Experience: Experience is an asset. On-the-job training will be provided.
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Repetitive tasks, Handling heavy loads, Physically demanding, Manual dexterity, Attention to detail, Hand-eye co-ordination, Bending, crouching, kneeling, Large workload
-First Aid Certification is a strong asset
-Experience in driving a forklift is an asset
-Personal suitability: Adaptability, Quick learner, Proactive, Efficiency, Integrity, Hardworking, Reliability, Team player.
-Work site environment: Dusty, Noisy.
– Language: Basic English skills are required
Salary: $18.00 – $20.00 per hour, 40 Hours per week.
Benefits: Medical Benefit, Dental benefits, Vision care benefits, Extended medical insurance through Pacific Blue Cross after probation period. Transportation costs covered if the worker needs to relocate. Opportunities to acquire additional certifications and training, at Ivor Forest Products’ expense, become available once employees pass their probation period (First Aid Level 1&2, Forklift Operator Certification/Re-certification)
This position will require flexibility on schedule. The employee will work 8-12 hour shifts based on a 40 hours workweek. There are three alternative schedules: 5 days per week in 8-hour shifts, 4 days per week in 10-hour shifts and 3 days per week in 12-hour shifts. The mill operates Monday through Saturday, therefore shifts may be Monday through Friday or Tuesday through Saturday.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
cc: [email protected]
Apply by mail to: Unit C-2562 Main St. West Kelowna, BC, V4T 2N5
**Please apply with the subject: Job Application – Material Handler