- Ontario NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Home » Medical Office Assistant / Clerk
Medical Office Assistant / Clerk
|Date||October 18, 2021|
|Company||Interior Health Authority|
|Client||Interior Health Authority|
Job title :MEDICAL OFFICE ASSISTANT / CLERK
Facility :THOMPSON PARK MALL
Status :RELIEF PART TIME (0.59 FTE)
Interior Health’s Thompson Park Mall Health Centre in Kamloops is looking for Relief Part Time Medical Office Assistants who have strong availability to join their team! If you hold a Medical Office Assistant Certificate, plus two year’s recent experience in a health care setting, a current Typing Test 40 wpm or greater and a current valid BC Driver’s license….Apply today!
The Successful candidate(s) are expected to be available to work Monday to Friday from 08:30 to 17:00.
To apply, please submit your application and include:
• A current 5 minute Typing Test 40 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution;
• A Medical Office Assistant Certificate;
• A current valid BC Driver’s License;
• Your Resume;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position.
This position works as part of an integrated administrative team by performing a variety of medical office assistant and clerical duties including:
• Regular administrative and reception duties: registers patients, answers telephone, general correspondence, record keeping, chart notes, reports, medical billings, data entry and word processing, graphic and database applications, compiles and enters statistical information, records, transcribes, types, drafts, creates, updates all forms of correspondence;
• Schedules and confirms client appointments;
• Receives, records, checks and balances revenue transactions and petty cash;
• Maintains medical/surgical supplies, equipment and HCIS resource material;
• Clinical support – escorting to examination/treatment room and ensuring appropriate instruments, procedure trays or other supplies are set up; attends sensitive examination procedures and treatments; routine measurements – weight, BMI calculations, eye exams, urinalysis;
• Cleans and sterilizes medical equipment and instruments;
• Delivers and disposes of supplies, biologicals, materials, and equipment.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces…Be part of a dynamic team!
**Note: Any position that is required to enter a LTC/AL/MH facility to provide services, the successful candidate of that position will be subject to the PHO Order regarding mandatory vaccination.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12
• Graduation from a Medical Office Assistant Certificate Program from an accredited Community College
• Two years recent related experience in a health care setting; Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a 5 minute Typing Test at 40 wpm dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
• Current valid BC Driver’s License
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to type at 40 wpm
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others in fast-paced health centre environment.
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and work roles.
• Ability to work as an effective member of an integrated administrative team.
• Ability to communicate effectively using all communication vehicles.
• Demonstrated proficiency in computer word processing, spreadsheet applications and specialized clinical information systems.
• Demonstrated ability to utilize and understand Medical Terminology.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
• Ability to follow detailed instruction.
• Ability to use a high degree of tact and diplomacy in working with others.
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
• Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to [email protected] to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: