- British Columbia NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Medicare Market President- Texas & Oklahoma (Remote, Work From Home- Texas)
Remote, Work from home in Texas
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation.
As employees supporting Cigna’s Government Business, we believe in doing everything we can to help our customers lead healthier, more secure lives. We advocate for and partner with our customers, providers and stakeholders, and we do this by creating personalized, differentiated, and simpler solutions throughout the customer lifecycle. We strive to maximize the value we deliver through integration with core enterprise capabilities. And, as stewards of taxpayer money, we’re committed to deploying resources wisely. In this way, Cigna’s Government Business seeks to be the undisputed partner of choice for individual and government-sponsored health plans and products.
Cigna Medicare Advantage (CMA), Part D and Medicaid solutions within the Cigna Government division.
The Medicare Market President is the Cigna Medicare P&L owner for the market.
Success in this role will largely be determined by the Market Manager’s ability to communicate the vision for a truly innovative and solution oriented networks strategy for Cigna Medicare across its provider network considering ever evolving policy and competitive marketplace adjustments and its subsequent pressure on price and access.
– Developing the local market CMA strategy to meet growth and financial performance to support Cigna’s overall value proposition- with line of sight and alignment to all segment strategies represented in the local market to drive local market top-line and bottom-line growth.
– Develop and maintain strong provider engagement to result in both high performing networks and becoming the undisputed partner of choice.
– Creating and leading initiatives resulting in improved customer retention, improved competitive positioning and increased membership and earnings growth while maintaining a strong brand reputation in the marketplace.
– Comprehensive responsibility for the strategic development and execution of the CMA business in the market, leading teams made up of direct reports and matrix partners to drive performance of the health plan and Cigna’s local market (multi-product) objectives.
– Protect and grow the earnings in the market; while supporting the achievement of cross-segment customer and earnings growth plan through effective P&L execution.
– Develop and implement value-based reimbursement methods to align with provider network to improve the measurable performance of the market and improve the quality of care for health plan customers. Maintain these relationships to improve total medical cost and position the market and matrix partners for growth opportunities.
– Monitors financial / operational performance and drives outcomes of CMA matrix partners inclusive of Distribution, Care Allies, STARs, Product, Actuary, Marketing, National Health Services and CCSE.
– Inspire a collaborative culture while achieving industry leading Net Promoter Scores.
– Accountable CMA leader in local, multi-product local market strategy development and execution in partnership with Cigna’s Commercial and Government business drawing upon competitive intelligence to refine strategy and improve performance.
– Influences/ negotiates product, price and services development to ensure value and competitiveness.
– Lead and participate in cross-geography business initiatives with market leaders and matrix partners across the CHS segment.
– Face of Cigna Medicare in the community, developing a strong Cigna brand, in partnership with other Cigna leaders in the market.
– Attract, recruit, hire, develop, mentor, coach and retain top talent.
– Development of a high performance team to deliver on market strategies. Assembly and direction of a management team that will promote a long-term vision in the market, and rewards/ encourages accountability while recognizing individuality and diversity.
– Delivers on both a short and long term business-driven strategic talent plan that ensures continuous, high quality, diverse talent to enable execution of the local market strategy.
– Seek out and develop bench strength for the most critical roles in the market.
– Drive change leadership to best align the organization in a rapidly evolving industry and marketplace.
– Bachelor’s Degree highly preferred; MBA desirable.
– Strong Medicare Advantage experience required.
– Leader from a large, complex managed care organization or provider system with an innovative risk oriented capability with a proven ability to lead a business unit that is both analytical and customer oriented from a strategic and operational perspective.
– Demonstrated results in being able to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into both a short-term and long-term organizational plan.
– Proven success in developing strategic and operational platforms and leading / mentoring a high-performance management team.
– Strong influencing and negotiation skills, distribution management, contracting and network savvy, business owner mindset and ability to successfully lead in an ambiguous and changing market with the evolution of healthcare reform, collaborative care and delivery system alliance development and expansion, and the need for governmental influence and savvy.
– Proven track record of exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation; evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; high level of business acumen, including the ability to balance the delivery of programs against the realities of a budget; allocates resources and manages operating expenses to maximize P&L while managing risk.
– Effective communicator to executive level staff and external audiences balanced with strong interpersonal skills.
– Experience building strong and authentic relationships with large health systems and provider groups.
– Experience and depth of understanding in each of the core dependent areas including Network Operations, Care Allies, Provider Relations, Distribution, National Health Services and CCSE such that they can leverage support needed to deliver the right customer or health care professional solution.
– Creative problem solving and analytical thinking with a perspective of our provider partners and customers.
– Experience in business management with responsibility for day-to-day management of short and long-term goals and objectives, health care expenditures, department budgets, and human resource management.
– Enterprise thinker with proven ability to influence across a matrix environment. Ability to develop relationships across all levels of the organization, as well as externally.
– Demonstrated ability to manage complex systems and change management across a large organization.
– A team player with experience in complex environments with the ability to build consensus among divergent interests and competing organizational needs.
– Capable of effectively messaging detailed value propositions to key stakeholders that blends operational know how and technical skills with market savvy and vision/strategy.
– Ability to assume broader organizational responsibilities as warranted.
Cigna Corporation exists to improve lives. We are a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Together, with colleagues around the world, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation. When you work with us, or one of our subsidiaries, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives. What difference will you make?
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: