- Atlantic NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Home » Mental Health And Substance Use (Mhsu) Substance Use Worker – Enderby B.C.
Mental Health And Substance Use (Mhsu) Substance Use Worker – Enderby B.C.
|Date||May 4, 2021|
|Company||Interior Health Authority|
|Client||Interior Health Authority|
Job title :MENTAL HEALTH AND SUBSTANCE USE (MHSU) SUBSTANCE USE WORKER – ENDERBY B.C.
Facility :SALMON ARM HEALTH CENTRE
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
Put your assessment and treatment skills to the test and come join the hardworking, welcoming Mental Health and Substance Use multi-disciplinary team at the Enderby Health Centre. We are currently hiring a Permanent Full Time Substance Use Worker to join our team!
The Substance Use Worker provides assessment, treatment, service coordination, and as required, urgent response to clients who may also have serious functional impairment in the domains of physical health and personal, family, financial, occupational, and social life. The Substance Use Worker functions as a primary clinician utilizing a variety of specialized treatment modalities/therapies for individuals, groups of clients and/or their families.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides comprehensive bio/psycho/social services for persons experiencing substance use problems/disorders or concurrent substance use and mental health problems.
• Provides intake, orientation, stabilization, and comprehensive mental health and substance use assessments.
• Collaboratively plans treatment goals with the client; implements treatment plans and evaluating treatment outcomes.
• Offers consultation, support, and education to families, informal supports, community agencies, and other health care providers involved.
• Liaises with alcohol and drug residential treatment, withdrawal management, and supportive recovery resources following specialized assessment and referral protocols in order to assist clients in accessing local, regional, or provincial services as required.
• Identifies the need for, and ensures or arranges transition plans are in place for clients transferring between levels of care, including involvement in discharge planning and follow up after an admission to a hospital unit or emergency department.
• Documents assessments, treatment formulations, care plans and progress notes according to professional standards and established guidelines.
Shifts are scheduled Monday through Friday Days (08:30 to 16:30 hours) with weekends and statutory holidays off.
This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefits plan that includes coverage for basic Medical Services, Dental Services, Extended Health including Massage Therapist, Chiropractor, and Physiotherapist services, plus Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability.
Apply today to come join our team!
Education, Training and Experience:
Bachelor degree from an accredited educational institution in an Allied Health, Behavioural, or Social Science field relevant to the position, plus two years’ recent related experience in an alcohol and drug treatment environment or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Current valid B.C. driver’s license.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: