Mental Health And Substance Use (Mhsu) Substance Use Worker– Kelowna, B.C.

Mental Health And Substance Use (Mhsu) Substance Use Worker– Kelowna, B.C.

Job Information
Author pmnationtalk
Date April 10, 2021
Deadline Open
Type Full Time
Company Interior Health Authority
Location Kelowna, BC
Category Medical / Health
Client Interior Health Authority
Contact Information
Apply Now!

Community: KELOWNA
Status: CASUAL

Position Summary

Interior Health is hiring a Casual MHSU Substance Use Worker to join our progressive Mental Health & Substance Use team at the Community Health & Services Centre in Kelowna. This position will be part of the Substance Use Outreach team and will be working with clients who have complex substance use and mental health issues and have difficulty accessing typical services. The successful candidate will focus on providing case management and will work with newly referred individuals to ensure timely connection to services.

The Substance Use Worker functions as a member of the larger Hospitals & Communities Integrated Services (HCIS) health care team and as a member of a specific MHSU multi-disciplinary team whose purpose is to ensure that persons experiencing substance use problems/disorders or concurrent substance use and mental health problems have access to timely, responsive, evidence based treatment and clinical supports across the continuum of available services.

The Substance Use Worker provides assessment, treatment, service coordination, and as required, urgent response to clients who may also have serious functional impairment in the domains of physical health and personal, family, financial, occupational, and social life. The Substance Use Worker functions as a primary clinician utilizing a variety of specialized treatment modalities/therapies for individuals, groups of clients and/or their families.

Shifts of work will be rotating days and evenings from 08:30 to 16:30 and 12:00 to 20:00.

If this sounds like a fit for you, we would love to hear from you. Make a Difference. Love Your Work. Apply today!


Education, Training and Experience:
• Bachelor Degree from an accredited educational institution in an Allied Health, Behavioural, or Social Science field relevant to the position (i.e. Social Work, Psychology, Counselling, Mental Health, etc.).
• Two years’ recent related experience in an alcohol and drug treatment environment or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current valid BC driver’s license.

Send To Friend Email Print Story

NationTalk Partners & Sponsors Learn More