- Ontario NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Home » Mental Health And Substance Use (MHSU) Worker
Mental Health And Substance Use (MHSU) Worker
|Date||November 25, 2021|
|Company||Interior Health Authority|
|Client||Interior Health Authority|
Job title :MENTAL HEALTH AND SUBSTANCE USE (MHSU) WORKER
Facility :CASTLEGAR DIST HLTH CTR
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
Who Are We Looking For?
Put your assessment and treatment skills to the test and come join the hardworking, welcoming Mental Health and Substance Use multi-disciplinary team at the Castlegar & District Health Centre in Castlegar, B.C. We are currently hiring a Permanent Full Time Substance Use Worker to join our team! Hours of work are Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 16:30.
What Will You Work On?
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides comprehensive bio/psycho/social services for persons experiencing substance use problems/disorders or concurrent substance use and mental health problems.
• Provides intake, orientation, stabilization, and comprehensive mental health and substance use assessments.
• Collaboratively plans treatment goals with the client; implements treatment plans and evaluating treatment outcomes.
• Offers consultation, support, and education to families, informal supports, community agencies, and other health care providers involved.
• Liaises with alcohol and drug residential treatment, withdrawal management, and supportive recovery resources following specialized assessment and referral protocols in order to assist clients in accessing local, regional, or provincial services as required.
• Identifies the need for, and ensures or arranges transition plans are in place for clients transferring between levels of care, including involvement in discharge planning and follow up after an admission to a hospital unit or emergency department.
• Documents assessments, treatment formulations, care plans and progress notes according to professional standards and established guidelines.
How Will You Create Impact?
The Substance Use Worker provides assessment, treatment, service coordination, and as required, urgent response to clients who may also have serious functional impairment in the domains of physical health and personal, family, financial, occupational, and social life. The Substance Use Worker functions as a primary clinician utilizing a variety of specialized treatment modalities/therapies for individuals, groups of clients and/or their families.
How Will We Help You Grow?
An abundance of opportunity! Grow your career with Interior Health and take advantage of the work life balance that living in the Kootenay Boundary region of British Columbia provides! Eligible employees receive a comprehensive extended health and dental benefits, minimum 4 weeks paid vacation to start (for full time), Group Life Insurance, Municipal Pension Plan, and much more! We strive to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Come and join us!
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination order and selected applicant(s) must comply
Education, Training and Experience:
Bachelor degree from an accredited educational institution in an Allied Health, Behavioural, or Social Science field relevant to the position, plus two years’ recent related experience in an alcohol and drug treatment environment or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Current valid B.C. driver’s license.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: