- Atlantic NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Home » Mental Health & Substance Use (Mhsu) Counselling & Treatment Clinician – Keremeos, B.C.
Mental Health & Substance Use (Mhsu) Counselling & Treatment Clinician – Keremeos, B.C.
|Date||May 4, 2021|
|Company||Interior Health Authority|
|Client||Interior Health Authority|
Job title :MENTAL HEALTH & SUBSTANCE USE (MHSU) COUNSELLING & TREATMENT CLINICIAN – KEREMEOS, B.C.
Facility :S. SIMILKAMEEN HEALTH CTR
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
We have a Permanent Full Time (37.5 hours per week) opportunity for a MHSU Counselling & Treatment Clinicians to join our high functioning and well-integrated mental health and substance use team in Keremeos, B.C.
The MHSU Counselling & Treatment Clinician functions as a member of the larger Integration and Strategic Services health care team and as a member of a specific MHSU multi-disciplinary team. The position provides, at the advanced practice level, assessment, treatment, service coordination, and as required, urgent response to the most complex clients, frequently with co-occurring disorders, who may also have serious functional impairment in the domains of physical health and personal, family, financial, occupational, and social life. The MHSU Counselling & Treatment Clinician functions as a primary clinician utilizing a variety of specialized treatment modalities/therapies for individuals, groups of clients and/or their families.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides comprehensive bio/psycho/social services that include a continuum of services designed to optimize clients’ recovery and ability to function.
• Arranges access to specialized services such as substance use, forensic/criminal justice, developmental disability, and acquired brain injury.
• Identifies the need for, and ensures or arranges transition plans are in place for clients transferring between levels of care, including involvement in the client’s admission to acute care and discharge planning and follow up after an admission to a hospital unit or emergency department.
• Documents assessments, treatment formulations, care plans and progress notes.
• Provides consultation and shares information with community agencies and the public about mental illness and mental health and/or substance use services, promoting good public relations and facilitating efficient and cooperative relationships.
• Delivers and participates in in-service and other educational programs as required.
Shifts of work are Monday to Friday, 08:30 to 16:30.
Nestled peacefully in the shadow of “K” Mountain, on the banks of the Similkameen River, in the beautiful Similkameen Valley is the colourful village of Keremeos, 48 kilometres southwest of Penticton. In the summer, the plethora of fruit and vegetable stands in the area will delight you. Grapes grown in this lush land are known as some of the best in the area. The well-preserved early 1900’s buildings give the town a distinctive Old West feel. Cattle Ranching, hay ranging and fruit growing are the economic mainstays here, with cherry, peach, pear, apricot and apple orchards blanketing the landscape.
We strive to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Come and join us!
Master’s degree from an accredited educational institution in an Allied Health, Behavioural, or Social Science field relevant to the position.
Two (2) years’ recent related experience in a mental health and substance use environment or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Current valid BC Driver’s License.
**CBT and DBT skills are an asset
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: