Employer: Cheryl J. and Justin G.
Employer’s address: Rhatigan Road East, Edmonton, AB
Work Location: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Bathe, dress and feed children
- Discipline children according to the methods requested by the parents
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home
- Take children to and from school and to all the appointments needed (bring children to piano lessons on Tuesdays)
- Instruct children in personal hygiene and social development
- Tend to the emotional well-being of children
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
- Organize activities such as games and outings for children
- Supervise and care for children
- Help children with homework
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Assume full responsibility for household in absence of parents
- Care for pets (1 cat and 1 dog)
- Wake up children for school
- Pack lunches/snacks for school
- Help children with piano practice
-Education: Completion of secondary school is required.
-Experience: At least one year of full-time experience as a caregiver is required.
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Work under pressure, combination of sitting, standing, walking, bending crouching, kneeling, repetitive tasks
-Personal Suitability: Initiative, judgement, reliability, effective interpersonal skills, excellent oral and written communication, organized, flexibility, team player
-Work setting: Private home – Employer’s home
-Children ages: 9 and 8 years old.
Salary: $16.00 – $18.00 hourly, 45 hours per week.
Important Information: Monday to Friday. Regular schedule starts from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM. However, this position requires flexibility in schedule due to the parents’ work schedules. Thus, somedays the nanny will start earlier and others will finish later. The work schedule includes 1 hour of lunch-time and 2 healthy breaks of 15 minutes each, all paid. The nanny will be responsible for the care of two children (Ages: 9 and 8 years old)
-Optional accommodation available at no charge on a live-in basis. Note: This is NOT a condition of employment.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]