National 2Spirit Facilitator
Reports to: Executive Director
Hours & Term: Up to 37.5 hours per week; until March 31st, 2023
Place of Work: Working remotely
Salary & Benefits: $48,000-$54,000 annually /hour based on experience and education Comprehensive Benefit Package
Languages Required: English is the working language – Indigenous language / and or French an asset
This position is to assist in the education to Indigenous and Canadian communities on 2 Spirit people and the 2 Spirit resurgence movement happening across Canada. To Create a National 2 Spirit Workshop in conjunction with other 2 Spirit organizations and individuals who present on 2 Spirit peoples. An understanding of historic and current 2Spirit Identity and cultures.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create a facilitator’s guide to presenting on 2Spirit, IndigiQueer, and indigenous gender diversity and sexuality.
- Train the trainer; The facilitator will host training sessions for 2 Spirit and Indigenous women’s organizations.
- Provide Presentations at conferences across Canada online or in person
- All Workshops to be created through consultation.
- Have a completed training document for 2 Spirit Facilitators across the Country.
- Presenting on 2Spirit people (historical and contemporary) to conferences and gatherings across the Country.
- Manage the google calendar and basecamp to schedule deadlines & post documents
- Create and follow quarterly work plan to help guide and organize work flow to provide successful outcomes
- Verify content and information for accuracy
- Complete research tasks as assigned by the Executive Director and Project Coordinator
- Assist in the development of documents for Train the Trainer sessions and all workshops related to group facilitation with Project Coordinator.
- Attend meetings, training and other relevant activities as directed.
- Take accurate notes at all relevant meetings, specifically regarding the Train the Trainer sessions and other relevant workshops
- Provide monthly reports to the Executive Director and Project Coordinator
- Support the Office Administration in processing expenses and expense claims for relevant training and workshops
- Ensure appropriate maintenance of financial records and copies for any relevant training sessions or workshops on within the google drive
- Respond to inquiries in a timely manner.
- Maintain positive working relationships with members, community groups and other 2SLGBTQ+ agencies.
- Attend regular staff and committee meetings.
- Maintain communication with the entire 2SiMS team on all organizational channels, including Basecamp, social media, Zoom, email and other tools as deemed necessary.
- Consider issues of racism, anti-Black racism, sexism, misogynnoir, colonialism, cissexism, transmisogyny, transmisogynoir, gender binarism, heterosexism, monosexism, amatonormativity, whorephobia, ableism, classism, sizeism, and other forms of systemic violence throughout all of our work.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
- Diploma in Indigenous Studies, Social Work or Business Administration
- 5 years experience in demonstrated facilitation
- Lived experience or connection to the 2SLGBTQ+ youth community.
- Strong organizational skills;
- Administrative skills;
- Verbal and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of Google Suite, including Google Docs, Google Sheets and Google Slides;
- Knowledge of 2Spirit and 2SLGBTQ+, Indigiqueer and 2Spirit youth issues and concerns;
- Ability to write and communicate professionally in English with French and/or an Indigenous language;
- Ability to understand oral and written communication in English with French and/or an Indigenous language
Preferred Qualifications & Experience:
- Bilingual, with the ability to write and communicate professionally in English with French and/or an Indigenous language;
- Knowledge and/or lived experience of 2Spirit and Indigiqueer youth cultures and movement;
- Knowledge of the Canadian Pride movement and networks;
- Knowledge of the following software or tools: Basecamp, Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign) Google Office Suite;
- Experience with online media: Zoom, Google Suites.
- Understanding of anti-oppression and intersectionality.
- Project Management timeframes;
- Meeting notes and documentation;
- Maintenance of administrative procedures.
- 2SiMS strives to maintain an anti-oppressive workplace that embraces social justice, anti-racism, and intersectional feminism. All employees are expected to uphold these values.
- This position will be remote.
- This position requires flexibility, and some evenings and weekend work.
- This position may require travel in Canada, when/if COVID restrictions allow.
Submit a resume and cover letter about your experience working with or participating in 2SLGBTQQIA+ communities and/or Pride movements by Monday June 27, 2022.. Attention: Jonathon Potskin (he/they), Interim Executive Director, via email to [email protected] Please include “National 2Spirit Facilitator” in the subject line. Any written resume and cover letter should be submitted in PDF format.
If a candidate prefers, they may submit a resume and cover letter in a video or audio format to the same address. Incomplete applications may not be considered. We wish to emphasize that 2SiMS is dedicated to building an organization that reflects the diversity of all we serve. This includes prioritizing applicants that are diverse in gender identity, sexuality, culture and race, Please use your cover letter to tell us about your lived experiences with any or all of these identifiers. Preferential consideration will be given to applications from the 2Spirit/Indigiqueer people. We rely on both the Employment Equity Act and Section 15.2 of The Canadian Charter of Rights & Freedoms for this measure.