- Ontario NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
New Grad – Telecom Engineering – May 2021
New Grad – Telecom Engineering – May 2021
Date: Sep 14, 2020
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Company: Hydro One Networks Inc
38847 – Toronto – Regular –
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
The New Grad program is designed to help prepare recent grads to the professional Telecom environment of the Hydro One workplace.
General Accountabilities – for development of Telecom skills:
- Reporting to the Teleprotection Manager in the Telecom Engineering department within Hydro One Networks Inc., provide telecom engineering services associated with telecom facilities used to provide power system telecom services to support the BES.
- Perform telecom design work for telecom projects in more than one of the following telecom technologies: fiber optic cabling, outside plant, microwave, SONET/digital/analog muxs, leased Telco services, cable protection, teleprotection, wireless systems, and network management systems.
- As part of the telecom design work, understand and carry out the utilization of telecom transmission facilities in the provision of power system telecom services, including that related to the protection, control monitoring and operation of the power system.
- Prepare final designs, based on receipt of accepted tender and technical information, along with sketches and instructions and forward to Supervisor for general review and passing on to Drawing Production Section for the preparation of detailed design drawings.
- Demonstrated effective listening, verbal and written communications skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Team and individual problem solving skills.
- Interacts with others in a manner which enhances co-operative working relations, trust and mutual respect.
- Assumes accountability for decisions made and results.
- Team player.
- Must be able to demonstrate a record of self-motivated behaviour and perseverance to accomplish objectives in spite of obstacles.
- Must be eligible for future licencing by the PEO as a Professional Engineer (within 6 year engineering work experience).
- Minimum Education: recent graduates from an accredited university with degree in Bachelor of Electrical Engineering.
- Eligible to be a licensed & practicing Professional Engineer within the Province of Ontario (PEO).
- Self-motivated, safety-conscious, cost-conscious, customer-focus, timeliness, work independently and capable to be engaged in work with minimum supervision to deliver daily tasks and meet business objectives.
- Good interpersonal skills that capable to establish and promote respect and rapport with colleagues that help to mitigate conflicting expectations or conflict resolutions (e.g. with people & during projects).
- Good oral, written, listening and communication skills that ensure effective exchange of ideas or information with colleagues and other stakeholders.
- Good technical presentation skills that ensure audience could grasp complex (or simple) technical information/ideas.
- Attention to details, quality driven in day-to-day, routine or complex tasks, maintains focus to ensure high quality deliverables.
- Ability to analyze complex problems including power system related problems, breakdown to manageable tasks and implement solutions.
- Basic, practical and technical knowledge in electrical theory, design, analysis and application.
- Good understanding and knowledge/experience in using software applications:
- Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Access) and SharePoint, etc.
- Familiar with general engineering project life cycles, processes, etc.
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2020.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected]. Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: September 28, 2020
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: