The Chiefs of Ontario are now accepting resumes for the position of Non-Insured Health Benefits (NIHB) Navigator. The NIHB Navigator is a part of the Health Department within the Chiefs of Ontario. They provide assistance with advocacy, support and serve as a Liaison for First Nation Communities, Community Workers and Organizations in resolving NIHB access issues.
Location: Position will be remote.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Following up with NIHB related calls for assistance
- Assisting NIHB clients with appeals
- Work and liaison with First Nations, PTOs and Tribal Councils on NIHB access issues.
- Liaise with NIHB offices (Ottawa, Thunder Bay, Sioux Lookout, Drug Exception Centre, Dental Predetermination Centre and etc.) on NIHB client and access issues.
- Work with other NIHB Navigators to support NIHB client cases as needed
- Provide awareness of NIHB benefits and systems through presentations and educational materials.
- Develop communication tools and other briefing material as required
- Document all cases and outcomes
- Work on other projects as required.
- Relevant post secondary education.
- Experience in the field of work to be undertaken.
- Knowledge of First Nation traditions, cultures, and values; understand the history and relationship between First Nations and the Crown.
- Experience with the First Nation and provincial education programming and policies
- Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal.
- Capacity to work effectively independently and as a member of a team to complete assigned tasks and projects.
- Experience with data collection and analysis.
DURATION: June 13, 2022 – March 31, 2023
Successful Candidate must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled.
Send letter of application, resume and include two references marked confidential to:
Email: [email protected]