This is a remote position and can be located anywhere in Canada
AS THE WORLD MOVES TO FHIR, THERE ARE PLENTY OF REASONS TO SMILE
Smarter decisions, fewer barriers, and better incentives are just the beginning. Smile CDR makes it easy for healthcare stakeholders to collect and exchange data with our leading FHIR-based data liberation platform.
We reduce barriers between information and care for those who deliver or consume health services and products and whose roles or care are hindered by fractured, inaccessible or complex information systems.
BE PART OF THE TEAM WORKING TOWARDS #BETTERGLOBALHEALTH
The NodeJS Software Developer position is part of the EcoSystem team and will be responsible for developing the software components that build on top of the Smile CDR product. The team focuses on customer-specific requirements in a scalable solution model. You will work in an Agile environment with 2-week sprints.
- Help shape the approach, scope, milestones, and solution design at the project start.
- Implement solutions with the development team; write code, configure external components and prototype new technology.
- Write manageable code and unit tests and create relevant documentation.
- Participate in client meetings if required.
- Remain acutely aware of all priorities, deadlines, and backlogs to positively coach and assist the team in completing the required project tasks.
- Understand the functionality being developed to provide support to the team.
- In-depth in-person code reviews, pair-programming and collaborative problem analysis.
- Participate in monthly Technology meetings to help guide corporate technical processes, architecture, and strategy.
- 3+ years experience with NodeJS/NestJS.
- Experience with unit testing using frameworks like Jest/Jasmine/Karma/supertest.
- Experience with git, CI/CD pipelines, NPM, Docker containers and networking.
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming concepts and design patterns.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate on features with the team.
- Experience with microservices and Restful APIs.
- A completed Engineering, IT, Healthcare Bachelor’s degree or College diploma in or related field, and has equivalent experience.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Java development (Spring).
- Experience with NginX, Postman, Insomnia, Gitlab CI, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Azure B2C, AWS Cognito, SSO OIDC, Slack, Google Tech, Jira, Gitlab, Figma.
- Experience with healthcare standards like HL7 and FHIR.
- Experience with cloud configuration and deployments like AWS/Azure or Google cloud.
We encourage you to apply even if you don’t satisfy all the job requirements.
Smile CDR’s core values are respecting, embracing our differences, and celebrating our shared values. Our people are the foundation of our success, and we remain dedicated to building diverse and inclusive teams. We welcome and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Please let us know if you require accommodations or have any questions during the application or interview process.