- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Grootendorst’s Flowerland Nursery Ltd.
Business Address: 6360 No.7 Road Richmond B.C. V6W 1E9
Salary: $16.00-$18.00/Hour for 40 hours/week
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent, Part-time, Flexible hours, Overtime, Weekends
Minimum Education: None
Positions Available: 2
NOC Group: Nursery and Greenhouse Workers (8432)
NOC Job Title: Nursery Worker
Job Location (s)
6360 No.7 Road Richmond B.C. V6W 1E9
15120 Westminster Hwy. Richmond B.C. V6V 1A5
Grootendorst’s Flowerland Nursery is a Family owned and operated business located in Richmond, British Columbia, Canada. We supply to stores in BC Alberta and Saskatchewan, Stores and landscapers in Vancouver, Richmond, Surrey, Maple Ridge, Langley and other areas of the Lower Mainland.
Our Nursery Workers are a part of every stage of plant production in propagating new plants from cuttings to shipping plants to customers.
Reporting to a Supervisor, your responsibilities include:
- Plant, cultivate and harvest flowers, shrubs and plants
- Plant care including weeding, watering, fertilizing, potting up, pruning, and winterizing
- Moving plants around the nursery
- Assisting with propagation as requested, including taking cuttings, and sticking plugs or cuttings into liners
- Preparing plants for shipping, including pulling orders, grading, boxing, stacking, crating, and wrapping
- Dig, cut and transplant trees, shrubs, flowers and plants and prepare them for sale
- Operate tractors and other farm machinery and equipment to fertilize, cultivate, harvest and spray fields and plants
- Maintain inventory and order materials as required
- Clean working areas
- Performing other tasks as needed
- No education required.
- No prior experience required. Willing candidate can be trained on the job.
- No specific language requirement. However, basic communication skills in English can be an asset.
- Ability to work in cold, hot, wet environment.
- Ability to sit, bend, walk, carry weight.
- Ability to work effectively in extreme work conditions.
As per BC Employment standards
We highly encourage Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents who are part-timers, students, youth, seniors, aboriginals to apply as we can accommodate flexible schedule.
How to Apply
Email: [email protected] ‘All resume’s as attachments will be rejected’. Please apply directly via job posting.
Mail: Attn Rick 6360 No.7 Road Richmond B.C. V6W 1E9
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: